Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

aos, ead and ap experience

aos, ead and ap experience

Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:44 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute
Default aos, ead and ap experience

ok, so heres nicki36 and my experience at the portland(maine) bcis.

we read on here that its best to get to these places as early as possible as its always on a first come first served basis.
we had filled out all of the necessary forms for EAD, AOS and AP ( dont ask me what they are, nicki is the bains of the outfit here)
we also went armed with copies of everything, marriage cert, birth cert, social security card, 1-94, pasport...you name it, we had it.
We get there early, 7.30 am, and the place doesnt open till 8 am on the dot....hardly any cars there at all...also, a little aside....they portland office has brilliant directions on its website to get there, found the place easily.
we wait, 8 am arrives, we go in, are met by a nice security guy, gets us thru the metal detector, makes us write our names down, and we take a ticket and wait.....nicki goes to the ladies room and we are called up first. Hardly surprising, we and one other couple are the only ones there.
i panic, then stutter out that we are here for aos, she asks for forms, i hand over everything, explaining thats i also wanted EAD and AP..she takes it all in her stride, gathers all the forms, takes one copy of everything and thats it !!!! it was sooooo easy. next i had to wait to be fingerprinted, that was good too, treal nice guy doing it, but the sucky electronic machine hated my chunky fingers.
we didnt get EAD that day, but we are hoping it comes in the next couple of weeks, they said the AOS interview could take up to 4 months tho
next, we got outy of there and found an IHOP (nickis fav breakfast place) ate....and we on our way home...all within an hr of getting into the place.
Maine ROCKS!!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Could you please post your experience on the permanent AOS filing page. The link is part of the root post under my name at the top of this forum.

Rete
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aos, ead and ap experience

Originally posted by LuTziE
next, we got outy of there and found an IHOP (nickis fav breakfast place) ate....and we on our way home...all within an hr of getting into the place.
Maine ROCKS!!!!!!

Yuck on the IHOP. Ate at one once and will be the last time I ever venture into another one.

And Yup! Maine has lots of rocks. I noticed this year and last when I was in Maine over the summer.

Congratulations on the filing and four months is great timing.

Rete
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex Teesside, England Now in Edgewater, Maryland USA
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS

Thanks for posting your story. Glad to hear you had no problems. Linda & I will be doing that after we marry on Nov 22nd. I havent quite figured it all out yet or had chance to see how to get the ss# or card cos Im trying to sort all the moving bit.
I take it that the ss# is the first move then marry then do what youve just done. Is it similar paperwork and support stuff as the 129?
Good luck in a speedy process.
Dave/Linda