AOS at Dallas

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 3:32 pm
Judith41

Hi everyone,

Yesterday Jeff and I went to Dallas for AOS. We arrived at 5am and there was already 50-60
people lined up. We waited about 2 hours and then were let inside where we paid our fee
and passed over the required paperwork...waited another 2 hours before being called for
our interview. It was painless, very few questions were asked, we weren't even asked for
the evidence we brought. I asked the fellow if he wanted a copy of our joint bank account
statement. He was not very interested in it, but took it anyway. He said he wasn't
interested in looking at the wedding photos (hmmmpt!)

My passport was stamped with the I-551 and he explained a bit about removing the
conditions and when my real GC would arrive and told us to have a nice day. We arrived at
5am and walked out at 10:50am....

So now we can relax a bit and forget about INS for awhile,,,,

Best of wishes to everyone still waiting, the waiting really is the worst part and as
stressed as we all get through this, looking back on it now it all seems so easy....

Good luck!

Judith

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~ ~Two
Poets in Love~ http://home.swbell.net/twopoets/Index.html

ICQ# 3484601
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 5:12 pm
Rita

Hi everyone,
>
> Yesterday Jeff and I went to Dallas for AOS. My passport was stamped with the I-551

Congratulations!

>
> Best of wishes to everyone still waiting, the waiting really is the worst part and as
> stressed as we all get through this, looking back
on it now it all seems so easy....

I'm sure there are many people who would like to agree with your sentiments that the
hardest part is the waiting and that it all seems so easy in hindsight but can't. You are
one of the lucky few that could get instant AOS and never have to think about INS for at
least another 1 year and 9 months. For too many people that 1 year and 9 months means they
are still waiting to get the I-551 stamp.

But it is nice to hear that somewhere INS is doing things correctly and efficiently.
Perhaps this new INS Administrator will see the light as the Southern Baptists say and
make instant adjustment for K-1'ers a reality in all fifty states.

Rita

>
> Good luck!
>
> Judith
>
> --
>
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
> ~*~*~*~ ~Two Poets in Love~ http://home.swbell.net/twopoets/Index.html
>
> ICQ# 3484601
>
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
> ~*~*~*~*
>

>

--
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Snotty Bitch!!!!!!!

The K1 FAQ is now at http://www.k1faq.com www2.apex.net/users/thehydes