AOS approved! (NYC)

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Phurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOS approved! (NYC)

Congratulations to you, Peter
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

mmdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hello all

I received a "Welcome to the USA" letter today indicating that my AOS case has been approved! I had been waiting after the interview for the case to be approved because they had to merge my 3 A-files (don't ask why...)

Wendy and I just got home from furniture shopping, I was feeling very kranky and when I opened the letter it cheered me right up! I am walking around the house with it in my pocket, I must have read and re-read it 20 times already because I still can't believe it!

I filed just over 2 years ago in NYC, and the letter states that I will be in the IR6 category (10-yr greencard).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who spends the time to participate in this forum, but especially Rete and Folinskyinla. Rita - you are the voice of reason and I know you will make an excellent immigration attorney; and Stuart - you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I will post again when I receive the actual card in the mail (and I will be sure to say whether the photo is black and white or not)

Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Peter

Peter, congratulations. Did you ever figure out what the reason was for the "Your interview has been cancelled" notification? We got the same for my wife. While your story gives us some relief, it is also unnerving to have to wait things out while that message is posted on the online status page. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Murat
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:20 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Peter,
congratulations!
is your card suppose to be unconditional?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Nope- never figured it out. The DAO couldn't explain it either!

Originally Posted by mmdog
Peter, congratulations. Did you ever figure out what the reason was for the "Your interview has been cancelled" notification? We got the same for my wife. While your story gives us some relief, it is also unnerving to have to wait things out while that message is posted on the online status page. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Murat
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it should be unconditional. According to the welcome letter it will be, and I will confirm when the card arrives.

Originally Posted by maximus76
Peter,
congratulations!
is your card suppose to be unconditional?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: AOS approved! (NYC)

Congrats Peter!!!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:35 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Peter. We both received them at the same time! Thanks for your good wishes also. Great feeling isn't it.

Maggie
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:24 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

I received a "Welcome to the USA" letter today indicating that my AOS case has been approved! I had been waiting after the interview for the case to be approved because they had to merge my 3 A-files (don't ask why...)
Congratulations Peter!!! It's about time, eh?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:43 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news - congratulations!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it should be unconditional. According to the welcome letter it will be, and I will confirm when the card arrives.

Congratulations, Peter. And if it is unconditional, then the cake has been iced to prefection.

WTG my friend.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The cake has been iced- and it's my favourite flavour too! (Banana)

Cheers
Peter

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations, Peter. And if it is unconditional, then the cake has been iced to prefection.

WTG my friend.

Rete
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:22 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Thanks! It has certainly been a wait, but I still feel bad for those New Yorkers who filed before us and are STILL waiting There's no rhyme or reason to it!!

Hope all is well with you
Cheers
Peter
Oh man, I missed the party here - serious congratulations to you man!!

T-minus 2 weeks for Adie and I's interview - garden city also (Are they any good?).
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:42 am
Brenda Ballard

Congratulations""""""""""""""""""""

Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers!

They seem much more organised in the Garden City office compared to downtown. The chap we had was pretty friendly, he was joking about how bad Federal Plaza is. I think he used the phrase "black hole"!

Not sure if you are planning to drive or not, but they have ample free parking too.

Best of luck to you, sir!
Peter

Originally Posted by nathan barley
Oh man, I missed the party here - serious congratulations to you man!!

T-minus 2 weeks for Adie and I's interview - garden city also (Are they any good?).
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit late but... CONGRATS....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.