Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS APPROVALS!!! (formerly transferred to CSC)

AOS APPROVALS!!! (formerly transferred to CSC)

Old May 31st 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default AOS APPROVALS!!! (formerly transferred to CSC)

I've just received 6 emails (three for myself and three for my little girl) to say that a "WElcome Letter" was sent to us yesterday. I"m past my second wedding anniversary by three months so fingers crossed it will be for the 10 year period and not the two year but I'm so relieved to get this part over and done with I don't really care!!

My little girl has advance parole to go and visit the UK on 19th JUne, returning on 28th July. Will it cause any problems on her return if she doesn't actually receive her green card before she leaves and therefore uses the advance parole?? (She doesn't need the stamp in her passport does she as long as she has the green card??).

I also want to thank everyone here for all the help and advice over the last few years, from the initial K1/K2 to arriving here and dealing with advance parole applications/ead applications ... THANK YOU!!!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS APPROVALS!!! (formerly transferred to CSC)

Congratulations Lara and kidlet. Glad you guys are finally finished with this step and get on with your lives in a more "sane" manner.

Lara, as for the issue with the Kidlet's visit to Dad in June, if the card is not yet there by that time, she can leave to adhere to the visitation schedule and return to the US on the Advance Parole. I honestly don't know if the
"welcome" letter is sufficient proof of status an a PR. You might try an Infopass appointment bringing your passports to the DO and try to get a stamp perhaps the week before she is scheduled to leave.

Rete

Originally Posted by Lara45
I've just received 6 emails (three for myself and three for my little girl) to say that a "WElcome Letter" was sent to us yesterday. I"m past my second wedding anniversary by three months so fingers crossed it will be for the 10 year period and not the two year but I'm so relieved to get this part over and done with I don't really care!!

My little girl has advance parole to go and visit the UK on 19th JUne, returning on 28th July. Will it cause any problems on her return if she doesn't actually receive her green card before she leaves and therefore uses the advance parole?? (She doesn't need the stamp in her passport does she as long as she has the green card??).

I also want to thank everyone here for all the help and advice over the last few years, from the initial K1/K2 to arriving here and dealing with advance parole applications/ead applications ... THANK YOU!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS, Lara45!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Today I received four envelopes: two Welcome Letters - one for myself and one for my daughter. (Receipt Date/Priority Date is May 3 2004 and Notice Date is May 30 2006.

I also received two Permanent Resident Cards - with the Resident Date being 24 May 2006 and an EXPIRY date of 29 May 2016!!

Ten Years!! No more stress/waiting/applying/etc etc etc for 10 years!!

Peace of mind at last ....
Old Jun 4th 2006, 2:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Lara, can't express just how pleased I am for you and your daughter. At least now you are USCIS free for ten years unless you naturalize in 3 years if still married to the same USC ;-) The kidlet can travel to visit with her Dad and you can rest easy knowing the hard part is behind you.

Congratulations and hope you stay in touch.

Originally Posted by Lara45
Today I received four envelopes: two Welcome Letters - one for myself and one for my daughter. (Receipt Date/Priority Date is May 3 2004 and Notice Date is May 30 2006.

I also received two Permanent Resident Cards - with the Resident Date being 24 May 2006 and an EXPIRY date of 29 May 2016!!

Ten Years!! No more stress/waiting/applying/etc etc etc for 10 years!!

Peace of mind at last ....
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:32 pm
Putain

"Lara45" <member8242@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > CONGRATULATIONS, Lara45!
    > Today I received four envelopes: two Welcome Letters - one for myself
    > and one for my daughter. (Receipt Date/Priority Date is May 3 2004 and
    > Notice Date is May 30 2006.
    > I also received two Permanent Resident Cards - with the Resident Date
    > being 24 May 2006 and an EXPIRY date of 29 May 2016!!
    > Ten Years!! No more stress/waiting/applying/etc etc etc for 10 years!!

Actually, renewing a 10 year GC doesn't involve much
stress/waiting/applying, etc.
It's rather quick and painless, in comparison to getting the GC.
Unfortunately we don't know what it will be like in 10 years from now.