Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Originally Posted by britishspouse
We are october filers !!

Hubby (USC)sent off the paperwork via recorded delivery, and they received it October 29th!!

So i suppose the next step is just the waiting game
Welcome! It is a waiting game...but we're all in it together! It seems like they have speeded up since the summer so finger crossed
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Britishspouse,

We're all keeping our fingers crossed that the approvals come soon. As Viddy said they have sped up a lot and are doing a simply fantastic job of processing the forms (they read this forum, right? ) It sounds like everyone on the thread before ours, July/ August, has theirs so we're looking forward to hearing the first approvals for the September October filers
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

cheque hasnt been cashed yet And it has been 2 weeks now, hope they cash it soon so we dont have to pay fee increase :S

also. could someone give me the link to the page where it says what stage they are on? (e.g oct filers) thanks!!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

cheque hasnt been cashed yet And it has been 2 weeks now, hope they cash it soon so we dont have to pay fee increase :S

also. could someone give me the link to the page where it says what stage they are on? (e.g oct filers) thanks!!
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

There you go, britishspouse

They seem to have got slower again Still on sept 1st. Boooo!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

There you go, britishspouse

They seem to have got slower again Still on sept 1st. Boooo!

I think britishspouse has already figured it out, but she is not being petitioned via DCF, so the links in this thread won't apply to her case. I *do* very much appreciate you looking it up and linking it for us though!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

yes indeed thankyou.

I just assumed it was all the same, and that many people would be filing through the american facility, I had no clue so many people went via london.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

yes indeed thankyou.

I just assumed it was all the same, and that many people would be filing through the american facility, I had no clue so many people went via london.
In terms of who is posting here about their case, it goes in cycles. We do seem to have a lot of 'DCF' folks here right now... that's for when the US citizen spouse is living outside the US.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
In terms of who is posting here about their case, it goes in cycles. We do seem to have a lot of 'DCF' folks here right now... that's for when the US citizen spouse is living outside the US.
gotcha
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Oh aha sorry just got a little excited there. This thread hadn't been active for a while!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well they seem to have got stuck again on the 1st September! I wish they would hurry up

I got my police certificate (took 10 days), got my husbands tax returns and now its just the wiating game....i wanted to have my medical in the 1st week of Jan, as i may be away for business after that.....i dont think its going to happen!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

I know Viddy, although I remember late August people were getting theirs before the date was updated on the website.
I'm September 28th and keeping fingers crossed it's soon. Was hoping that when there was another posting here that someone from Sept/Oct had good news!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
If your husband is the US citizen, the Embassy doesn't need to know he moved.
Hi there: We also filed in London at the beginning of November, but on the email Notice of Receipt of Petition it is written that the USC is required no notify them in case of address change:

"Address change – If the U.S. citizen petitioner’s and/or beneficiary’s address changes; the U.S. citizen is responsible for sending a signed letter of the address change to this office at the address listed on the heading of this notice."

My husband is the USC and he is going back to the states in a couple of days so we are planning to send them a signed letter about this...
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:38 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katq
Hi there: We also filed in London at the beginning of November, but on the email Notice of Receipt of Petition it is written that the USC is required no notify them in case of address change:

"Address change – If the U.S. citizen petitioner’s and/or beneficiary’s address changes; the U.S. citizen is responsible for sending a signed letter of the address change to this office at the address listed on the heading of this notice."

My husband is the USC and he is going back to the states in a couple of days so we are planning to send them a signed letter about this...
I have no experience on that and I hope that someone more experienced will be able to advise katq. But if their petition has been accepted for DCF in London, is there any case that they may want to transfer it to the US if they get notified that the petitioner is moving to the US?
In other words, is it safe for katq and her husband to let them know about the move now, before they are granted I-130 approval, when their I-130 is being processed in London on the understanding that the petitioner's principal residence is the UK?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_C
I have no experience on that and I hope that someone more experienced will be able to advise katq. But if their petition has been accepted for DCF in London, is there any case that they may want to transfer it to the US if they get notified that the petitioner is moving to the US?
In other words, is it safe for katq and her husband to let them know about the move now, before they are granted I-130 approval, when their I-130 is being processed in London on the understanding that the petitioner's principal residence is the UK?
Hm, I won't rush into sending the letter yet then, but I am sure read somewhere and I was advised in another forum that once the petition is filed the USC is free to move back to the US and re-establish a domicile and doesn't need to wait for the I-130 approval...I can't find anything on the US embassy website about this though..
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katq
I am sure read somewhere and I was advised in another forum that once the petition is filed the USC is free to move back to the US and re-establish a domicile and doesn't need to wait for the I-130 approval.
Yes, that's all true.

I can't find anything on the US embassy website about this though..
You won't either! The US government almost never posts what you are allowed to do... only what you're not allowed to do! If you can't find it, the restriction doesn't exist.

Once your USC husband posts the I-130 to London and it is accepted, he is free to return to the US... and no need to notify anyone. Why? Because all correspondence remains within the UK... none of it goes to the US first and then back to the UK. Unless he's on the sex offender list, a USC is not obligated to tell the US government when he moves and where he lives.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.