Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Another journey begins...

Another journey begins...

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

saheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant future
Default Another journey begins...

First of all, I cannot say how wonderful it is to have this group.

I've been in the US for 6 years on F1 status, got married on Nov 5th 2004 in NYC, and yesterday (Feb 1st, 2005) sent my entire package overnight to the Chicago USCIS address.

I've been reading posts in this group for the past eight months. During this time, I only posted one question because the five hundred others were answered by simply doing a search in the group's extensive archives. It saved me so much money instead of having to hire a lawyer! So thank you, thank you to everyone (including, but not limited to, the angel who goes by Rete).

I will be posting my timeline and any progress, and will be sure to help answer any questions based on my own experience.

Saheem
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:47 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another journey begins...

Originally Posted by saheem

I've been in the US for 6 years on F1 status, got married on Nov 5th 2004 in NYC, and yesterday (Feb 1st, 2005) sent my entire package overnight to the Chicago USCIS address.

Saheem
Here's a blue karma box for you to start off with!

Marnee
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
And here's another one from me! best of Luck to you. Glad you enjoy the forum. I know I do! I love this place. So many nice and helpful people.

Debs
I have been nice to people, and tried to answer some questions along the way! I have never got any blue boxes... (...........

Tear
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I have been nice to people, and tried to answer some questions along the way! I have never got any blue boxes... (...........

Tear
Ohhhh, I tried to give you some karma and it says I've spread too much around today. LOL Darn it!

Welcome to the forum, saheem, and congratulations on the journey beginning!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:03 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Tear
heh, *you're* the guy who keeps getting me in trouble with that I-134 guy, Jason!

Karma for you, and mine is worth quite a bit.

~SecretGarden

To the OP: welcome and don't just be a lurker---get involved and get to know us. Some of us don't bite.

Last edited by SecretGarden; Feb 2nd 2005 at 10:04 pm. Reason: message to OP
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are one of the very first in the forum to be using the new Chicago Lockbox for AOS filing, it would be really appreciated if you were to post your AOS filing experience on the Kamya site.

There is a link to this in the second post from the top under my name. It is called something like AOS filing experiences. Just complete the form and send it in via e-mail and Tish will post it on the kamya site from there.

We will all be looking forward to reading your timeline results. Think of yourself as a pioneer. You go where no man has gone before ... and no, Scott cannot beam you up at this point of your journey ;-)

Rete

I've been reading posts in this group for the past eight months. During this time, I only posted one question because the five hundred others were answered by simply doing a search in the group's extensive archives. It saved me so much money instead of having to hire a lawyer! So thank you, thank you to everyone (including, but not limited to, the angel who goes by Rete).

I will be posting my timeline and any progress, and will be sure to help answer any questions based on my own experience.

Saheem
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Tear

Well, now, the old proverb applies:

You have to give to receive ;-)

Rete

OK ... open season on blue boxes ... my kamra giving is worth at least four boxes to everyone I give to so if you have not received from me yet, I will give it to who ever responses to this thread.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Rete

OK ... open season on blue boxes ... my kamra giving is worth at least four boxes to everyone I give to so if you have not received from me yet, I will give it to who ever responses to this thread.
How do we know if you've ever given us any? Some of the karma points come across anonymous

Rene

EDIT: Oh duh...I just reread that...YOU know if you've given us any before. LOL OK, time for bed.

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 3rd 2005 at 2:06 am. Reason: added edit
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:48 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Rete

Well I don't post much but read on here all the time, good enough response?!!!!(Just being cheeky really!!)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Saheem
So you are a lurker huh?
I am glad you found this NG helpful!!

Ps: Rete an angel?? LOL!!! (not offense implied!!)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:13 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Rete

Marnee
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

saheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant future

Thank you for the Karma :-) Makes me feel welcome in the group.

I also love that this is the Karma-giving thread! Makes the Buddhist in me very happy!

Saheem

Last edited by saheem; Feb 3rd 2005 at 6:12 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Brazilian26 has a brilliant futureBrazilian26 has a brilliant futureBrazilian26 has a brilliant futureBrazilian26 has a brilliant futureBrazilian26 has a brilliant futureBrazilian26 has a brilliant future

Hi,

I don't mean to take Saheem's spotlight...but just like robskate I've only been lurking....until now.

I'm not British...as you can tell by my nick, But I think this forum has become a service to all immigrants, regardless of their nationality.

Like I said, I'm from Brazil and have been in the US since 98 on a tourist visa, In August 2003 I've met the love of my life and in November 2004 we got married...Since she's a USC, we decided to apply for AOS.

We mailed the I-130, I-485 and I-765 (No AP for me...way more than 180 days overstay...) to the Chicago LockBox on 1/14/2005.

On 1/24/2005 I got the NOAs for all 3 applications stating 1/17/2005 as the Received Date and 1/20/2005 as the Notice Date (USCIS Website states that they received my application on 1/20, so I guess that's when the clock starts). All my receipts were processed by the NBC (Receipt # starts with MSC) as most family cases are nowadays.

The receipt for the I-765 instructed me to schedule an appointment for biometrics and the I-485 for Biometrics and Fingerprints. These appointments are scheduled via the 800 number. The I-485 receipt also contained my A number.

I went for my Biometrics and Fingerprinting appointments on 1/27/2005.
Because my Driver's License was about the expire, I was really anxious to get my EAD since. in order to renew DL in Florida, you need to show proof of legal presence in the US (all I have is a visitor's visa and an expired I-94).

Luckly for me (and maybe others in the same situation) I came across a posting in one of the Immigration forums I read (I read so many that I'm not sure which one was, but I deeply appreciate anyone who shares their experiences to help others, regardless of where they post it.) that in Florida, there's a policy in place that allows them to accept the I-485 receipt as proof of legal presence (as you all know, having a pending i-485 changes your status to a legal one until a decision is made, that's why you can apply for the EAD).

On 2/1/2005 I decided to try my luck and went to the DL Office...4 hours later I walk out of the place with a 30 day temporary permit (they kept the old one) and a promise that I'd be receiving mine in the next 30 days via mail. They renewed it for 2 years! All I showed were my Old DL and the I-485 receipt (which she scanned and attached to my records with them)

So now, I'm counting the days waiting for the approval email from USCIS...So far my applications have been "Touched" 3 times (their Last Update Date is 2/1/2005 but the status haven't changed yet...)

I wish Saheem all the luck and once again I'd like to thank every person in this forum (and in the others too) for sharing and helping complete strangers...that's good Karma
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

alldoneinswifey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brazilian26
Hi,

I don't mean to take Saheem's spotlight...but just like robskate I've only been lurking....until now.

I'm not British...as you can tell by my nick, But I think this forum has become a service to all immigrants, regardless of their nationality.

Like I said, I'm from Brazil and have been in the US since 98 on a tourist visa, In August 2003 I've met the love of my life and in November 2004 we got married...Since she's a USC, we decided to apply for AOS.

We mailed the I-130, I-485 and I-765 (No AP for me...way more than 180 days overstay...) to the Chicago LockBox on 1/14/2005.

On 1/24/2005 I got the NOAs for all 3 applications stating 1/17/2005 as the Received Date and 1/20/2005 as the Notice Date (USCIS Website states that they received my application on 1/20, so I guess that's when the clock starts). All my receipts were processed by the NBC (Receipt # starts with MSC) as most family cases are nowadays.

The receipt for the I-765 instructed me to schedule an appointment for biometrics and the I-485 for Biometrics and Fingerprints. These appointments are scheduled via the 800 number. The I-485 receipt also contained my A number.

I went for my Biometrics and Fingerprinting appointments on 1/27/2005.
Because my Driver's License was about the expire, I was really anxious to get my EAD since. in order to renew DL in Florida, you need to show proof of legal presence in the US (all I have is a visitor's visa and an expired I-94).

Luckly for me (and maybe others in the same situation) I came across a posting in one of the Immigration forums I read (I read so many that I'm not sure which one was, but I deeply appreciate anyone who shares their experiences to help others, regardless of where they post it.) that in Florida, there's a policy in place that allows them to accept the I-485 receipt as proof of legal presence (as you all know, having a pending i-485 changes your status to a legal one until a decision is made, that's why you can apply for the EAD).

On 2/1/2005 I decided to try my luck and went to the DL Office...4 hours later I walk out of the place with a 30 day temporary permit (they kept the old one) and a promise that I'd be receiving mine in the next 30 days via mail. They renewed it for 2 years! All I showed were my Old DL and the I-485 receipt (which she scanned and attached to my records with them)

So now, I'm counting the days waiting for the approval email from USCIS...So far my applications have been "Touched" 3 times (their Last Update Date is 2/1/2005 but the status haven't changed yet...)

I wish Saheem all the luck and once again I'd like to thank every person in this forum (and in the others too) for sharing and helping complete strangers...that's good Karma
Sooooooooooo........THAT'S what those little blue boxes are!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:19 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Rete

Please please please rete!

alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.