Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Originally Posted by Stribs
We spoke to the local congressman here to see if they could help. Have you ever heard them pushing things through quicker when they see your in a real relationship?
No. A congressman (or even an immigration attorney) cannot push anything through faster.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

A congressman will only usually interceded if a case goes beyond the posted processing times.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just going through the G-325a.

Where it asks for 'the applicants' previous addresses (Attached), Is that both our previous addresses (As I am not the applicant?)

As I am currently staying at with her just on a visitors visa, do I put this address in? We spent a year in Australia and lived in about 5/6 different places, do we add these?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....-picture-5.png  
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I did look at tis, although does not go through thoroughly and uses wording which really doesn;t need to be so complicated.
I need to ask if you are the USC or the foreign fiancee. If the FF, it would make sense that you are unfamiliar with some of the word usage.

The I129F is completed by the USC. They are the petitioner. The FF is the beneficiary.

If you have questions, please ask specifically and someone will jump in and help you.

BTW you can ignore comments and not respond to them by getting angry. Saves you what little mind you will have left after the immigration process.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I need to ask if you are the USC or the foreign fiancee. If the FF, it would make sense that you are unfamiliar with some of the word usage.

The I129F is completed by the USC. They are the petitioner. The FF is the beneficiary.
Got my answer by reading the rest of the posts ... you are the FF

If you have questions, please ask specifically and someone will jump in and help you.
As you have discovered

BTW you can ignore comments and not respond to them by getting angry. Saves you what little mind you will have left after the immigration process.
I would double check and see if the FF's long form BC is needed as well. Been 15 years since I've done it and much has changed on the forms.

BTW the I-129F is the easiest form of all to do.

May I suggest that you do NOT send any originals with your fiancee's I-129F.
Send only copies and the only originals would be the forms themselves. Sign everything with BLUE ink which makes it easier to identify as an original document. Also make an exact filing package for yourselves of everything you are sending (including the check). Makes it much easier to find out exactly what you have sent.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Can you please say the exact same thing to civilservant... They too can ignore comments that they do not want to answer without a cocky little reply. It works both ways.

I am the FF (UK) The I-129f paperwork is all good with great help and answers from Rene, I was just stumped on the one section of the G-325a form.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

May I suggest that you do NOT send any originals with your fiancee's I-129F.
Send only copies and the only originals would be the forms themselves. Sign everything with BLUE ink which makes it easier to identify as an original document. Also make an exact filing package for yourselves of everything you are sending (including the check). Makes it much easier to find out exactly what you have sent.
This is great thank you, anything to make the process go smoother.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:59 pm
Concierge

Can you please say the exact same thing to civilservant... They too can ignore comments that they do not want to answer without a cocky little reply. It works both ways.

I am the FF (UK) The I-129f paperwork is all good with great help and answers from Rene, I was just stumped on the one section of the G-325a form.
Isn't she just the best. She put me to shame all the years we moderated this forum together. When I left, I knew I left it in excellent hands. She is a star.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just going through the G-325a.

Where it asks for 'the applicants' previous addresses (Attached), Is that both our previous addresses (As I am not the applicant?)

As I am currently staying at with her just on a visitors visa, do I put this address in? We spent a year in Australia and lived in about 5/6 different places, do we add these?

Thanks
Each of you will complete your own G-325A, and each of you will answer the questions as they apply to each of you specifically. You (the foreign fiance) will not list your fiancee's current address as your own, since you are just visiting.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:09 pm

Not to derail the thread, but Rete was specifically referring to putting civilservant on your "ignore" list; that way his posts won't even show up in your threads, so you won't even see them (instead of seeing them and then trying to ignore them). Yes, civilservant can do the same; he can put you on his "ignore" list as well, and he won't see any of your posts at all.

I am the FF (UK) The I-129f paperwork is all good with great help and answers from Rene...
Thank you! And thank you too, Rete!

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhh, gotcha, Perfect. Ignore list - 1.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well!
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:07 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Oh well!
You trying to get a headstart on next year's nominations CS?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:56 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
You trying to get a headstart on next year's nominations CS?
Gotta try harder civilservant if you want to take my award! ;p
Old Jan 9th 2014, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

K-1 Visa - Regarding the enter 6 months from being approved (Or from your medical I heard) and then having 90 days to get married......

Does the 90 days have to be used within the 6 months, or could I enter on the 5th month and then get married on the 88th day (I don't plan this, just using the extreme case)

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.