Alvena

Old May 21st 2001, 3:35 pm
**Ayanami III***

Would it be possible for someone else to take over your site? How about if you put up
a disclaimer? I think you can do this without any problems with the law..... I work
for a major isp, I can check into this if you wish.

Thanks

Old May 21st 2001, 3:51 pm
Alvena Ferreira

**Ayanami III*** wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
Thank you for your offering. A disclaimer is not adequate however. I had a very plain
one on two different pages of my site and on the Askme site. The disclaimer is not
the issue. alvena

Old May 21st 2001, 4:38 pm
Grinch

>
    >
    >

Earthlink does not have the skills to host my Otters litter box let alone my website!

Grinch

Old May 22nd 2001, 6:07 pm
irvin

alvena! i was looking for your website butit was taken down ,it was so helpful. and
i searched askme.com but you arent there anymore. im going to japan in 2 weeks to
get married.

Im very disorganized. and now i am drawing a complpete blank...maybe im starting to
panic. i dont have a lot of time ...and i dont want to mess anything up because i
assumed too much or forgot to bring something important(we will be on an extrenmetly
tight deadline....) i arrive on wednaday and leave for tokyo on thursday and will
fill out competency and marriage papers on friday then on monday petition the i130
and do the health check then have a dinner saturday of the next week and i come back
and wait for her ..... i dont want to mess up the schedule with my forgetfulness.

do you have a checklist of documents somewhere i can compare too?

i have so far

1. 1040s (1999,2000, still need 2001)
2. letter of proof of employment and pay stubs (what information must be in the
letter that cant be proved with the date on the pay stubs? my employer made it
one generic paragraph on official letter head that states when i started, is
that enough?)
3. g-325a
4. i-130
5. i-864 (i downloaded a pdf but havent filled it all out yet)
6. passport
7. birth certificate coming in the mail
8. photos (i dont have them yet but they shouldnt be a big problem)
9. a wing and a prayer and fistful of dollars

i know this is not all. do you have advice in terms of of what else i need or
should bring?

i posted the body of the message as a seperate post.

Old May 23rd 2001, 10:57 pm
Dave Sidwell

Alvena, I have been following most of the posts about your website and the Kentucky
Bar Association. For the past 2 and half years, I have always viewed the NG and all
information derived from it, as part of the need for knowledge on a subject foreign
to most people. The idea that one group, namely the KBA wishes to retain exclusivity
to that knowledge, I find appalling. Since when was the sharing of knowledge,
practicing law!! Your website and Jonathon's are part of our 'support group' self
help group' call it what you like. Surely this type of reaction by a professional
body would jeopardise the multitude of groups that exist related to the medical
field. Perhaps next we will see the AMA strutting around like peacocks!! Best of luck

Robyn ex Melbourne, now MI ( and still without an RN licence)

>
if
    >
with
    >
    >
    >

Old May 23rd 2001, 11:01 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Dave Sidwell wrote:
    >

Honey, they done been doin' that for a long, long time. They have the strongest union
in the United States. Don't you realize that this is why we do not have socialized
medicine right now? They are afraid that they won't get their new Jaguar this year
and might have to wait until next year. Just MHO, not a legal opinion and intended
entirely as humor.

alvena

Old May 24th 2001, 7:34 pm
Carol

I have been referring to your website since my fiancé and I got engaged in December
and was very sadden to see it closed. The reason I am writing you is because I have
not seen anything mentioned about the fact that INS law is Federal, and Kentucky law
is state, and state law cannot override federal law. It might be something to
investigate. State laws must follow the federal code, but they cannot override what
is legal in the federal code. So, it seems to me, that by the INS allowing you to
represent (if you so choose to), then the Kentucky law is nullified and the federal
law would prevail. (This is what I was led to believe from a couple of college class
I have taken, and is not legal advise, just an idea. You can check this in the
federal statutes, which most large public libraries have, or if you are close to a
law school, they usually allow you to look at their law books even if you aren't a
student. Also, when going to the library, rather then trying to figure out where to
look, ask the librarians and they should be able to tell you which set of books you
need to look into. (That is, if you feel up to fighting the Kentucky Bar Association
in this). I'm sorry you have had to take down your site though. You had so much
information, and I know a lot of work in your free time went into creating and
maintaining it! Good luck in dealing with the KBA. I truly hope you can resolve this
to your satisfaction.

Old May 24th 2001, 9:10 pm
Alvena Ferreira

You may read the letter that I wrote to the Ky Bar and pertinent links here:
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ while I did not "point out" that the law was
federal law per se, I stated the origin of this law, cited the "CFR" location data
for it and included a copy of it with my letter. I don't know if that will help any.
It may be that states an supercede federal law in some situations. As has been
pointed out here in the group, some of these have gone to court and at least one has
gone in favor of the state. At any rate, my letter went to the Bar yesterday, and now
I'm in the circling mode, waiting to land. ; ) alvena

Carol wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 25th 2001, 1:00 am
Betastar

>

I've been wondering a little about this... While INS is federal law, there is no
"federal" bar, and if a lawyer wants to practice immigration law in a particular
state, I think they still have to pass the state's bar exam?

No? Yes? Maybe?

Old May 25th 2001, 1:59 am
Jonathan_ATC

I liked the letter, but where is the part where you call them "jack booted
Nazi's"? ;o)

I am waiting with baited breath for their response.

--
    >
FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
here:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have been referring to your website since my fiancé and I got engaged in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > December and was very sadden to see it closed. The reason I am writing you is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > because I have not seen anything mentioned about the fact that INS law is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Federal, and Kentucky law is state, and state law cannot override federal law. It[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > might be something to investigate. State laws must follow the federal code, but[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they cannot override what is legal in the federal code. So, it seems to me, that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > by the INS allowing you to represent (if you so choose to), then the Kentucky law[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is nullified and the federal law would prevail. (This is what I was led to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > believe from a couple of college class I have taken, and is not legal advise,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > just an idea. You can check this in the federal statutes, which most large[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > public libraries have, or if you are close to a law school, they usually allow[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you to look at their law books even if you aren't a student. Also, when going to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the library, rather then trying to figure out where to look, ask the librarians[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and they should be able to tell you which set of books you need to look into.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (That is, if you feel up to fighting the Kentucky Bar Association in this). I'm[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sorry you have had to take down your site though. You had so much information,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and I know a lot of work in your free time went into creating and maintaining it![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Good luck in dealing with the KBA. I truly hope you can resolve this to your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > satisfaction.[/usenetquote2]

Old May 25th 2001, 9:45 am
Alvena Ferreira

Betastar wrote:
[usenetquote2]> > It may be that states an supercede federal law in some situations.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

While this is true, there are some legal precedents regarding federal law over state
law also. I am making some communications at this time to get more information about
this. Stay tuned.

alvena