After NOA1 for i130

Old Apr 24th 2018, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Zeus26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After NOA1 for i130

Hi everyone,

i just have a few questions and was wondering if anyone on here could give me some info. Me and my husband have sent in our i130 petition and have received an NOA1 and just waiting for the NOA2. I am just gathering everything we need ahead of time to make the process quicker.

My first question is when I am asked for my tax returns I have always been filed as a dependant on my dads and his wife’s joint tax return, so would I need to file my own separate tax return?

Second question, I will be using my dad as a cosponsor so will me and my dad both fill out a I-864 and his wife fill out an I-864a?

Third question, what original documents need to be taken to the interview? Just incase any of these need to come from the us I can get them sent now to avoid any delays.

last question, will it matter that my husband is not a uk citizen? We are both living in the uk at the moment and have been for the past couple of years. I am the USC.

Thank you in advance
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After NOA1 for i130

Hi and welcome to BE.

I take it you filed the I-130 directly to London, since you are both living there?

1. You don't need to file your own tax returns.
2. Your dad will be a joint sponsor. You will complete an I-864. Your dad will complete a separate I-864. His wife only needs to complete an I-864-A if he needs to include her income in order to qualify financially.
3. Take originals of any photocopies that were submitted.
4. I take it your non-UK husband is living legally in the UK? If so, it should be fine for his interview to take place in London. Do you mind me asking where he is from? He will need a police report from his country of birth (if available) and any country he lived in for more than 1 year after the age of 16.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi and welcome to BE.

I take it you filed the I-130 directly to London, since you are both living there?

1. You don't need to file your own tax returns.
2. Your dad will be a joint sponsor. You will complete an I-864. Your dad will complete a separate I-864. His wife only needs to complete an I-864-A if he needs to include her income in order to qualify financially.
3. Take originals of any photocopies that were submitted.
4. I take it your non-UK husband is living legally in the UK? If so, it should be fine for his interview to take place in London. Do you mind me asking where he is from? He will need a police report from his country of birth (if available) and any country he lived in for more than 1 year after the age of 16.

Rene
Hi Rene, thanks for your reply!

He is on an application for further leave to remain in uk after his student visa expired, so he is legal/no status pending application. We have got his police certificate from both countries so hopefully that will be ok.

I was also wondering when my dad fills out the I-864 does he need to sign it in ink then mail it here from the us or can he fill it in online and email it to me?

Thanks again!!
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You already have his police certificates? They are valid for 1 year for immigration purposes.

All forms should be originals, with original signatures, so have him send you a hard copy of his I-864 package from the USA. Don't forget to have him include 3 years of tax returns or tax transcrpts and also proof of his US citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport).

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2018, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You already have his police certificates? They are valid for 1 year for immigration purposes.

All forms should be originals, with original signatures, so have him send you a hard copy of his I-864 package from the USA. Don't forget to have him include 3 years of tax returns or tax transcrpts and also proof of his US citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport).

Rene
Yes we have the certificates already, his foreign certificate is only valid for 6 months from January so hoping we get that NOA2 soon! I’m not sure how long the processing times are right now overall. When we fill out the forms do we provide tax transcripts and w2s or tax returns? I don’t have a w2 because I was a student last year so would only be able to provide my dads who is the cosponsor.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 1:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zeus26
Yes we have the certificates already, his foreign certificate is only valid for 6 months from January so hoping we get that NOA2 soon! I’m not sure how long the processing times are right now overall. When we fill out the forms do we provide tax transcripts and w2s or tax returns? I don’t have a w2 because I was a student last year so would only be able to provide my dads who is the cosponsor.
Just tax transcripts are fine. Your father is a joint sponsor - not a co-sponsor. He can use tax transcripts. They usually take ten days to receive. W-2's are not needed with transcripts as they are provided by the IRS. W-2s are required if he only has personal copies of his filed returns. A copy of his birth certificate and/or US passport as proof he is a USC or a copy of his green card if he is a permanent resident.

Just curious, but what nationality is your husband? If he comes from one of the middle eastern countries he might run into problems if his is a common name and the surname is on the watch list or if he has traveled to any of the countries recently that are on the list. Perhaps he is Greek since you use the nick Zeus ;-)
Old Apr 27th 2018, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Just tax transcripts are fine. Your father is a joint sponsor - not a co-sponsor. He can use tax transcripts. They usually take ten days to receive. W-2's are not needed with transcripts as they are provided by the IRS. W-2s are required if he only has personal copies of his filed returns. A copy of his birth certificate and/or US passport as proof he is a USC or a copy of his green card if he is a permanent resident.

Just curious, but what nationality is your husband? If he comes from one of the middle eastern countries he might run into problems if his is a common name and the surname is on the watch list or if he has traveled to any of the countries recently that are on the list. Perhaps he is Greek since you use the nick Zeus ;-)
Hi Rete,

Thanks for your reply. Are the transcripts you can print out from the IRS online service ok? They are the ones I have. My husband is from Pakistan but does not have a common surname and has not been out of the UK for years so hopefully that will be ok.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 3:55 pm

Being from Pakistan, be prepared for lengthy admin processing/security checks. May not happen, but just be prepared.

Rene