Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support tax documents?

Affidavit of Support tax documents?

Old Feb 11th 2001, 2:50 am
billypilgrim

I am about to start down this whole long road, and I noticed that you are meant to enclose
3 years worth of tax returns with the Affidavit of Support. Howver, I have Telefiled for
as long as I can remember. (For those who never used Telefile, you are simply given an 800
number, and you call in and punch in your employers Tax ID and all the income stuff on the
phone). Therefore, I really only have a "worksheet" and my W-2's. Has anyone had
experience with this? Is it enough, or should I write off for a tax record? Knowing the
IRS, I'm afraid that might take months and months to get back.

Just wanted to add that I've gotten lots of good info from the FAQ page, and more from
this newsgroup. I'm not sure where Shawn and I would be without
it. It's very reassuring to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks all.

Old Feb 11th 2001, 11:16 am
Alvena Ferreira

> I am about to start down this whole long road, and I noticed that you are meant to
> enclose 3 years worth of tax returns with the Affidavit of Support. Howver, I have
> Telefiled for as long as I can remember. (For those who never used Telefile, you are
> simply given an 800 number, and you call in and punch in your employers Tax ID and all
> the income stuff on the phone). Therefore, I really only have a "worksheet" and my
> W-2's. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it enough, or should I write off for a
> tax record? Knowing the IRS, I'm afraid that might take months and months to get back.
>
You can usually get transcripts (which is what you need and they are free) from the IRS in
2-3 weeks..call this number:IRS at 1-800-829-1040, OR if there is a local office in your
town, try going there and see if they can whip them out more quickly for you.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes