Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support Question

Affidavit of Support Question

Old Feb 12th 2001, 6:10 am
eskimo2176

I am presently filing my K-1 petition, and have already received the notice from the
Texas Service Center. I am leaving to visit my fiance on March 12th in India. My question
is this. I want to take the affidavit of support along with all supporting documentation,
but my question is, Will this information that I bring, assuming it is completed on March
1, be questioned by the US Embassy there, because of when it is dated. I have not
received the approval notice as of yet, so I have no idea when her interview will be.
Please advise.

Also, I received my notice of action on Jan 23rd 2001.

In addition, what is the current time frame for processing in Texas, the notice says 30-40
days, is the accurate?

Thanks for all of your help.

Old Feb 12th 2001, 9:59 am
mhaley12345

I don't know about Madrid, but London had no problem with my I-134 being dated a few
months before the interview. We sent application to TSC early Oct., I took my I-134 and
letters from employers over to England end of Nov. when I visited and they were fine for
the interview which was Feb. 8th. I sent a couple of up to date pay stubs right before,
just to be on the safe side. TSC is taking longer then the time they state on the
recording. Average seems to be around 90 or so. From start to finish (sent in petition
Oct. 6, had interview Feb. 8) was almost exactly 4 months. Good luck to you!

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:10 pm
mute_at_work

Do keep in mind the 90 days they are quoting are calendar days.

Your NOA says 30-40 WORKING days, and the TSC is about 20-30 days beyond that right now.

So 60-70 total working days.

My timeline is this:

Sent in petition: Oct 22, 2000 First NOA: Oct 26, 2000 Approval NOA: Jan 22, 2001

Good luck!

Brianne (USC)

~*~*~*~*~ Brianne & Sol (Can/Am)

> I don't know about Madrid, but London had no problem with my I-134 being
dated
> a few months before the interview. We sent application to TSC early Oct.,
I
> took my I-134 and letters from employers over to England end of Nov. when
I
> visited and they were fine for the interview which was Feb. 8th. I sent a couple of up
> to date pay stubs right before, just to be on the safe side. TSC is taking longer then
> the time they state on the recording. Average
seems
> to be around 90 or so. From start to finish (sent in petition Oct. 6, had interview Feb.
> 8) was almost exactly 4 months. Good luck to you!