Affidavit of Support need help.

Affidavit of Support need help.

Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

meg1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support need help.

Hi all

My question is about the Affidavit of Support being notarized

Im currently living with my husband and our 2 year old kid in scotland,we have had the I-130 approved and have allready paid the $380 visa fee.

We could not go through DCF because ive not been resident here long enough.

Im using my parents house as our mailing address ,they are going to support us' and they have said that the Affidavit of Support has to be notarized,can i get that done here in scotland?

Also our 2 year old qualifies to be a citizen through me but we were going through our immigration papers and realized we should have put his name down on the I-130 petition, stupid mistake i know but we were confused.

Now i know his name should have been on the form how do i go about letting USCIS know about it and is it a really big deal?

Thanks for any help and advice.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support need help.

Originally Posted by meg1331
Hi all

My question is about the Affidavit of Support being notarized

Im currently living with my husband and our 2 year old kid in scotland,we have had the I-130 approved and have allready paid the $380 visa fee.

We could not go through DCF because ive not been resident here long enough.

Im using my parents house as our mailing address ,they are going to support us' and they have said that the Affidavit of Support has to be notarized,can i get that done here in scotland?

Also our 2 year old qualifies to be a citizen through me but we were going through our immigration papers and realized we should have put his name down on the I-130 petition, stupid mistake i know but we were confused.

Now i know his name should have been on the form how do i go about letting USCIS know about it and is it a really big deal?

Thanks for any help and advice.
See this updated I-864 information: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...rams_2863.html
I-864s no longer require notarization (read carefully for info about Joint Sponsors' I-864).