Affidavit of Support

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice
Default Affidavit of Support

Apologies if this has been asked before. I had previous LPR status, working in US 2005-2010. Met my husband (USC) there, married 2007 and we both came back to UK in 2010. We now want to move back (still own a house there) but I have to go through the process again as I abandoned my green card in 2012. I have 24 social security credits, husband has well over 40 credits. My question is for exemption of affidavit of support can I only be ‘credited’ with his SS credits from the time we were married to make up mine to 40? Many thanks for anybody that can answer.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support

Taken from instructions to form I-864W

1. You have earned or can receive credit for 40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act (SSA). If you have 40 quarters of SSA coverage, you are exempt from the requirement to file Form I-864 or Form I-864EZ.
You can acquire 40 qualifying quarters in the following ways:
A. Working in the United States for 40 quarters in which you received the minimum income established by the Social Security Administration;
B. By being credited under section 213(a)(3)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) with quarters worked by your spouse during the marriage or a parent during the time you were under 18 years of age; or
C. A combination of the above.
If you are claiming credit for quarters worked by a spouse or parent, you may not count any quarter in which your spouse or parent was receiving means-tested public benefits. Include all SSA forms necessary to establish that you have or can receive credit for 40 quarters of coverage.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice
Default Re: Affidavit of Support

Thankyou for your reply. That means I can be credited with 39!! Oh well I suppose we will have to prove support with assets.

Last edited by Patzy; Feb 22nd 2018 at 7:58 pm.