Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Advanced Parole question for SF BCIS

Advanced Parole question for SF BCIS

Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advanced Parole question for SF BCIS

hey guys! my hubby and i didnt send in the advance parole papers with our initial AOS packet. We would like to go to England at Christmas to see his new nephew. DOes anyone know about how long it takes to get this document when it is sent in by itself? We want to make sure we have it by the end of december.

We have our AOS reciept so i will send a copy of that with it.

Thanks So MUch!!!
Sandy
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advanced Parole question for SF BCIS

I did the same thing - sent in everything except the advanced parole application to SF. When I later decided to send the AP app, I included copy of the receipt for the I485, copy of the letter that came with it, passport page with my name, etc, visa page, photocopy of the I94, passport page with last entry date. I think I probably included a few more pieces of information that were not specifically asked for. I can't remember everything I put in anymore, but I did post my experience about it here a few months ago.

The reason I sent in the passport/visa photocopies and everything else was that the place you're sending the AP application to is different from the place you send the I485. I thought they might have to dig out my file from the office taking care of the AOS application before approving the AP, and that will take time. I might only have been lucky, but I did receive the notification to pick up the AP almost exactly a week after I mailed my application.

Good luck.

Anna

Originally posted by sandy- pie
hey guys! my hubby and i didnt send in the advance parole papers with our initial AOS packet. We would like to go to England at Christmas to see his new nephew. DOes anyone know about how long it takes to get this document when it is sent in by itself? We want to make sure we have it by the end of december.

We have our AOS reciept so i will send a copy of that with it.

Thanks So MUch!!!
Sandy
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your reply. Hopefully it wont take too long for us. I planned to put in pleanty of things for them to refer to so they could check it through right away. Good to hear your story.
when did you get your AOS reciept...have you heard anything about your AOS interview? just wondering what the time line is looking like

thanks agian.
sandy
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi, again,

Sent in my packet mid February, received the receipt about 5 weeks later. No sign of the interview notice as of yet. I was expecting an interview in October, but I guess I'm wrong. If I still don't get any notices by next month, I'll probably drop in at the BCIS and find out what's going on. The one thing I'm most paranoid about is for the notice to get "lost in the mail," which the BCIS folks seem to be particularly good at doing.

There are several people here who are doing AOS through SF, so welcome to the club.

Anna

Originally posted by sandy- pie
thanks for your reply. Hopefully it wont take too long for us. I planned to put in pleanty of things for them to refer to so they could check it through right away. Good to hear your story.
when did you get your AOS reciept...have you heard anything about your AOS interview? just wondering what the time line is looking like

thanks agian.
sandy
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

reggiey is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Sandy!

We might join you AnnaV... we mailed ours in January and still waiting for the interview notice, we did hire a lawyer so hopefully we don't get that "lost in the mail" scenario.

Originally posted by AnnaV
Hi, again,

Sent in my packet mid February, received the receipt about 5 weeks later. No sign of the interview notice as of yet. I was expecting an interview in October, but I guess I'm wrong. If I still don't get any notices by next month, I'll probably drop in at the BCIS and find out what's going on. The one thing I'm most paranoid about is for the notice to get "lost in the mail," which the BCIS folks seem to be particularly good at doing.

There are several people here who are doing AOS through SF, so welcome to the club.

Anna
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Just promise to keep us updated on the status of your application. I'll do the same.

Originally posted by reggiey
Sorry to hi-jack your thread Sandy!

We might join you AnnaV... we mailed ours in January and still waiting for the interview notice, we did hire a lawyer so hopefully we don't get that "lost in the mail" scenario.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

JnB637 is an unknown quantity at this point

So if someone hires a lawyer Immigration will send two notice letter?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

bao-long is an unknown quantity at this point

Just promise to keep us updated on the status of your application. I'll do the same.
AnnaV & reggiey,

I mailed my AOS package to the SF BCIS early Feb. So I am in the same boat.

Please keep me posted about your interview date. I will do the same.

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

The processing time, as of October 1, 2003, reads that they're processing cases receipted on Feb 5, 2003. I thought they were processing those receipted Feb 4, 2003 a month ago! At this rate we'll probably won't see an interview until after our first wedding anniversary.

I so hate this state of unending suspense that I'm in now. My husband and I can't even make long term travel plans for anything because it might coincide with an interview with the BCIS.

Let's just agree that as soon as we get a notice of anything, we'll post it here. After all, misery loves company.

Originally posted by bao-long
AnnaV & reggiey,

I mailed my AOS package to the SF BCIS early Feb. So I am in the same boat.

Please keep me posted about your interview date. I will do the same.

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandy-pie,

You should probably send in the AP as soon as possible. When I sent my AP in June (beginning), I know that they opened it (and would probably have started working on it if I hadn't received my interview notice before then) at the very beginning of July. So, it took them about 1 month. It was a renewal.

A couple of tips:
1) If you do not get a reply concerning your AP and you need it to leave the US, go to the SF BCIS and apply for one on the spot. Odds are pretty good that they would issue you an AP on the spot or at least process your AP right then and you would have to pick it up 10 days later.
2) Do not forget to put SPECIFIC dates of trips (even if only tentative). Otherwise, you might get only an AP valid for 2 months, like the one I got in November 2003.

Caroline
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:01 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Advanced Parole question for SF BCIS

I remember it well. The worst thing that can happen is that you wait for
almost two years and get your residence just before the second wedding
anniversary. In my case if I had my interview four weeks later I would be
unconditional! I dreamed about a processing time of a year!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"AnnaV" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The processing time, as of October 1, 2003, reads that they're
    > processing cases receipted on Feb 5, 2003. I thought they were
    > processing those receipted Feb 4, 2003 a month ago! At this rate we'll
    > probably won't see an interview until after our first wedding
    > anniversary.
    > I so hate this state of unending suspense that I'm in now. My husband
    > and I can't even make long term travel plans for anything because it
    > might coincide with an interview with the BCIS.
    > Let's just agree that as soon as we get a notice of anything, we'll post
    > it here. After all, misery loves company.
    > Originally posted by bao-long
    > > AnnaV & reggiey,
    > >
    > > I mailed my AOS package to the SF BCIS early Feb. So I am in the
    > > same boat.
    > >
    > > Please keep me posted about your interview date. I will do the same.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > Bao-Long
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

I put in specific travel dates on my application, and I got an AP that was good until exactly two weeks after my proposed return from the trip (total validity time was 4 months). But then, I only put in dates for ONE trip. Maybe dates for multiple trips will be better...?

Originally posted by Caro

2) Do not forget to put SPECIFIC dates of trips (even if only tentative). Otherwise, you might get only an AP valid for 2 months, like the one I got in November 2003.

Caroline
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

I put in specific travel dates on my application, and I got an AP that was good until exactly two weeks after my proposed return from the trip (total validity time was 4 months). But then, I only put in dates for ONE trip. Maybe dates for multiple trips will be better...?
I was in a situation were I needed to be able to travel for work but where I didn't have a specific dates. I assumed wrongly that just having a note from my employer certifying that I needed to travel abroad for business along with my cover letter reexplaining it was enough. Also, I had other grounds, but same thing, no specific dates. I was given an AP valid 2.5 months (that my employer paid for by the way as it was needed for my job), and I was really upset.

The next time I applied for my AP, I pretty much thought about any trip I wanted to take for the following year, vacations, work, etc, and wrote that the dates as being tentative. I never received my AP as I got my green card in the meantime, so I don't know how that would have worked out, but I imagine that it would have worked better.

Caroline