Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing blackhole

Administrative Processing blackhole

Old Dec 12th 2017, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing blackhole

Hi all, I have been waiting to update you all on my journey through CR-1 London embassy. I am still stuck on Administrative Processing bin for a little while now. I had my interview on Oct 20th, since then I have been providing all documents and translations the embassy have asked. It's on my previous treads.

- I have no criminal record in any of the three countries I've lived in and I have provided proof.
- I am a naturalised BC
- I have been in and out of the US for the past 5 years, either from Canada or Heathrow and never stayed for more than 3 weeks and never overstayed
- Never smoked, never tried any drugs and medical is clean as it gets
- I am not a Muslim and don't have 'watched' names, provided Baptism certificate.
- I did provide affidavit of support from a doc friend of mine
- i have sufficient income and savings etc
But for the reasons unbeknown to me I am confined in admin processing.
The journey has taken a massive tall on me and my wife and I don't know if there is any other way of overcoming this. Any idea what it could be?
Old Dec 12th 2017, 11:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing blackhole

Originally Posted by red_onion
Hi all, I have been waiting to update you all on my journey through CR-1 London embassy. I am still stuck on Administrative Processing bin for a little while now. I had my interview on Oct 20th, since then I have been providing all documents and translations the embassy have asked. It's on my previous treads.

- I have no criminal record in any of the three countries I've lived in and I have provided proof.
- I am a naturalised BC
- I have been in and out of the US for the past 5 years, either from Canada or Heathrow and never stayed for more than 3 weeks and never overstayed
- Never smoked, never tried any drugs and medical is clean as it gets
- I am not a Muslim and don't have 'watched' names, provided Baptism certificate.
- I did provide affidavit of support from a doc friend of mine
- i have sufficient income and savings etc
But for the reasons unbeknown to me I am confined in admin processing.
The journey has taken a massive tall on me and my wife and I don't know if there is any other way of overcoming this. Any idea what it could be?
You will be in Administrative Processing until the visa is completed, it's nothing to worry about it's just a stage ALL visas go through, the embassy is not very good at updating statuses and people have even still shown AP after they have their visa in hand. Stop worrying, it's just part of the waiting process.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mike, thanks. I have heard of folks been approved at the interview and a few a couple of days after providing additional documents. I just dont know why mine is taking longer. The only thing I can think of is I am a naturalised Brit as opposed to being born here.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 12:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I agree you do appear to have been in AP longer than is typical, however the fact that you have been asked for additional information tells us that your application is being "processed", not just gathering dust.

That said, when additional documentation/ evidence is requested, we can only assume that a "problem" was identified, for which further evidence was required. Given that there was a "problem", it is likely that this means that the US sees an increased "risk", and that would necessarily mean review and approval by a more senior level official.

So, to cut a long story short, I suspect that your file, together with the additional supporting documentation you have supplied since your interview, is sitting in the pile of cases awaiting senior level review and approval.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pulaski, I appreciate your insight but I can't for the life of me think of anything else which could be a 'problem' other than the interviewer at the embassy asking for extra documents other than my passport to 'prove' I am the person before living here.
Some of the documents were not in English and I had to translate and mail it to the embassy.
It obviously appear that CEAC is not updated regularly. How do I get notified. Is it from DX mail or email notification of some sort?
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by red_onion
The only thing I can think of is I am a naturalised Brit as opposed to being born here.
Where are you originally from though? If it's a high fraud country (certain African countries, Pakistan, etc) then that may well be why.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Where are you originally from though? If it's a high fraud country (certain African countries, Pakistan, etc) then that may well be why.
I'm not about to look back through his older posts but believe he is Indian and a naturalized British citizen.

The problem arose when he gave additional unasked for documentation at the interview and afterwards the US Consulate asked for translations and for other documents as well in connection to the extra documents he had given them.

Now he is stuck in the black hole of AP and there are no actual timelines to go by as each case is different to each individual.