Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing

Administrative Processing

Old Dec 8th 2023, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Infor2023 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing

Hi,

My husband attended an interview for a IR1 visa in London and he was placed on Administrative Processing. We were asked to submit original copy of my divorce certificate from previous marriage. Has anyone been in this situation before? What is the wait time after submission. The document was received by the embassy on 11/ 24/2023.
Old Dec 8th 2023, 10:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing

Yes, many people have to go through admin processing. Unfortunately there's no standard time frame. It could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to longer. There's no way to find out where you are in the process, either. You just have to be patient.

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2023, 10:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Without knowing WHY the document was requested, one cannot really answer the question. Assuming it was a minor problem (i.e. substitute for the wrong document) it can be matter of days. Or it can be lot longer.
Old Dec 8th 2023, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, many people have to go through admin processing. Unfortunately there's no standard time frame. It could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to longer. There's no way to find out where you are in the process, either. You just have to be patient.

Rene
Thank you! It’s really frustrating!
Old Dec 8th 2023, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Without knowing WHY the document was requested, one cannot really answer the question. Assuming it was a minor problem (i.e. substitute for the wrong document) it can be matter of days. Or it can be lot longer.
As I mentioned in my post. They asked for original copy of my divorce certificate. When the consular officer asked for it from my husband, he didn’t have it so she asked that we submit it.
I just wanted to know if someone had been in a similar situation and how long it took to hear back from them. I’m worried his Medicals might expire and then he has to redo it.
Old Dec 8th 2023, 11:40 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infor2023
As I mentioned in my post. They asked for original copy of my divorce certificate. When the consular officer asked for it from my husband, he didn’t have it so she asked that we submit it. long it took to hear back from them. I’m worried his Medicals might expire and then he has to redo it.
Different situation but in my citizenship interview I was asked for the divorce decree. I did not have it but was able to go home get it and return same day. Problem solved.
Old Dec 9th 2023, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
Different situation but in my citizenship interview I was asked for the divorce decree. I did not have it but was able to go home get it and return same day. Problem solved.
That was awesome!
Old Dec 9th 2023, 12:49 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infor2023
That was awesome!
It actually was awesome because the interviewer had called me on my cellphone to come back, because she forgot to ask me the English test questions , so I killed two birds with one stone so to speak.
This was 10 years ago in Tampa FL