Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Adjustment of status question

Adjustment of status question

Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adjustment of status question

Hey guys,

So I'm in the US, signed our marriage license on Friday - so I'm pulling together all the various documentation for Adjustment of Status.

I have one question, the vaccination sign off sheet I have from Knightsbridge states that a flu shot is needed - however it isn't flu season. I have an appointment at 6:30pm on Wednesday with a civil surgeon to get them transcribed, but the person on the phone said the only thing they could add for a flu shot was that it's not flu season. Because of how lengthy the green card processing times are at the minute, it'll almost certainly be flu season by the time someone gets around to looking at my case.

What's my play here? Do I send in the transcribed documents with 'not flu season' written by the doctor, and hope that when someone picks up my application they don't send off an RFE for a missing vaccination?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment of status question

Yes, that's what I would do.

Rene
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You stated you just signed the marriage license so that means that you are not yet married. Have you gone to Walmart or CVS and talked to the pharmacy about getting a flu shot? I know it is not in season but it isn't going to hurt to get one if they have one available for dispensing. If they don't have the vaccine available have the civil surgeon write "not available out of season" and send the document in with your I-485. If anything, I can see that at the time of the interview, itself, you will have then had the flu vaccine and can bring the proof of the vaccination to the interview.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 19th 2017 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You stated you just signed the marriage license so that means that you are not yet married. Have you gone to Walmart or CVS and talked to the pharmacy about getting a flu shot? I know it is not in season but it isn't going to hurt to get one if they have one available for dispensing. If they don't have the vaccine available have the civil surgeon write "not available out of season" and send the document (601?) in with your I-485. If anything, I can see that at the time of the interview, itself, you will have then had the flu vaccine and can bring the proof of the vaccination to the interview.
Called both Walgreens and CVS, both said they don't usually get them in until the end of August (ish) - not tried Walmart, will give them a go now!
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even bother seeing a civil surgeon (again). I just sent what Knightsbridge gave me. IIRC it had some writing on the back that said I met the vaccine requirements.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom169
I didn't even bother seeing a civil surgeon (again). I just sent what Knightsbridge gave me. IIRC it had some writing on the back that said I met the vaccine requirements.
Yeah - mine doesn't have the stamp or writing on the back to say I meet all the requirements, because I didn't have a flu shot at the time. I told the person doing the examination that I was moving to the US out of flu season, but she still wrote down that I needed one.