Reload this Page >

Adjusting status with daughter

Adjusting status with daughter

Old Aug 8th 2017, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Dabbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adjusting status with daughter

Good evening,

I just wanted to check that I'm on the right track with filling in my forms for adjusting status and whether I need additional forms for my 7 year old daughter. My daughter and I entered on the k visa and I was married within 90 days.

After reading and left unsure, is my daughter going to need to fill in more forms before her 21st birthday to become a permanent resident?

She is my daughter from a previous relationship. I wanted to ask in case it was something I needed to include with the rest of my forms.

So what I have so far is...

2x I485
2x G325A
2X I693 sealed from us civil surgeon
i864 and a photocopy of this for my daughter?

Can I still apply for the i765 for employment? i am past my 90 days of entering now does this class me as a K3 now?

Thanks in advance for your help and time, it is much appreciated!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjusting status with daughter

You are not a K-3.

Yes, you should still include an I-765 for your EAD.

You should include an I-131 for AP, and perhaps one for your daughter?

I'm not sure if anything else is needed for your daughter, but it should all be in the I-485 instructions.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dabbie
2x I485
2x G325A
2X I693 sealed from us civil surgeon
Correct.

i864 and a photocopy of this for my daughter?
You need only one I-864... it will cover both of you.

Can I still apply for the i765 for employment?
Not only can you, there's no additional charge if you include it with the I-485 application. I suggest you also file I-131 for both of you (also no charge) so that you are both able to travel outside the US without abandoning the adjustment of status applications.

i am past my 90 days of entering now does this class me as a K3 now?
You are not now, nor will you ever be a K-3.

Ian
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

The marriage had to take place within 90 days. The adjustment can be filed even after 90 days.

Daughter entered as a K-2. As long as the K-1 admission was before she turned 21 and parent timely married, she is OK. This fact situation was subject to a lot of litigation and was finally resolved by the Board of Immigration Appeals in Matter of Le.

In regards to the I-864, DHS insists that the Immigration & Nationality Act and concomitant regulations requires filing of the I-864. However, no one can find what they are relying on.