Adam31's questions on fiance/spouse visa

Adam31's questions on fiance/spouse visa

Old Jan 16th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

adam31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adam31's questions on fiance/spouse visa

and she earns more than 19k so don't have to worry about that
Old Jan 16th 2017, 7:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adam31
so we have spoken and have said we are going to do the K1. she has printed the forms and filling them out later today.
Great, let us know if you have any questions.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2017, 8:35 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

so we have spoken and have said we are going to do the K1. she has printed the forms and filling them out later today.
and how do you feel about not being allowed to work for several months. Can you afford that on top of a wedding and your moving costs? Would your sanity be able to take it?

And also not being able to have an overseas honeymoon unless you delay it by several months? I see that the K-1 has grabbed your attention because it gets you there quicker. But it has plenty of disadvantages. More than advantages, in my opinion.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

i can't wait not to work for a few months lol all i seem to do atm is work , and yes thanks money isn't a problem.

and for the honeymoon is not really important atm jus want to get this all sorted once all is well then can think about that

would u care to explain what u think the best way going about this then ? thank
Old Jan 17th 2017, 5:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

i can't wait not to work for a few months lol all i seem to do atm is work , and yes thanks money isn't a problem.

and for the honeymoon is not really important atm jus want to get this all sorted once all is well then can think about that

The best way of going about what? Have you and your fiancee decided if you are going for the fiance visa or the spouse visa? You two have to make that decision, based on all the info in the comparison wiki, then the good folks here can advise you on the filing of the forms relevant to that particular visa.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

last message was to Twinkle0927. was saying that the k1 have many disadvantages
Old Jan 17th 2017, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

last message was to Twinkle0927.
There is a handy "quote" button at the bottom right of each post. I suggest you use it.

... was saying that the k1 have many disadvantages
The top three are: 1) It'll take about 4 months before you can work; 2) It's more expensive than a CR-1 visa; and 3) There's more paperwork with a K-1 than a CR-1.

If working immediately is a priority, do not do a K-1 visa.

Ian
Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:43 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I can only speak for myself but my career is very important to me and not being able to work for several months was just not an option I wanted to even consider. I am the breadwinner in this marriage. My husband is an artist and his income, such as it is, is extremely unreliable. And it's not just the money. It's the social interaction. I'm really enjoying my job here mostly because the people I work with share similar interests with me and I have made friends. We have a good laugh together at the office. I couldn't bear the thought of being at home all day with occasional trips to the library and Safeway to break the monotony and no one on the same page as me to talk to.

And it was also about status. I wanted to enter the country as my husband's wife and to be granted permanent residency immediately. I wouldn't be happy with the limbo status that you go through with K-1. Heath insurance is important to me too as I have epilepsy. I am covered by my employer and they look after us well. We even have our annual visit from the mammogram bus next Thursday and the employer arranges a mammogram each year for every female employee over 40.

This is a long-term move for me and spending a few extra months apart was a tiny price to pay for the stability I have had here from day one.