Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

ACRO and Police Certificates

ACRO and Police Certificates

Old Jan 18th 2018, 3:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRO and Police Certificates

Originally Posted by theroon
Police Records
' The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale is a certified national record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla).The Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti is a certified record of pending criminal charges, or a statement that no such charges exist, from the office of the Procura della Repubblica in the applicant's place of residence. Both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants residing in Italy.'

I am not residing in Italy. Do I still need it?
yes you will need both.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 4:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theroon
Police Records
' The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale is a certified national record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla).The Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti is a certified record of pending criminal charges, or a statement that no such charges exist, from the office of the Procura della Repubblica in the applicant's place of residence. Both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants residing in Italy.'

I am not residing in Italy. Do I still need it?
If you lived there more than 12 months after the age of 16, yes.

Rene
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:55 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

I have been on to the ACRO website today to start the process, was wondering what this meant and if it applies to me?...

Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
yes you will need both.
Thanks, Mike. I've been in touch with necessary body in Italy. Just unsure whether I actually need to get two separate certificates as they offer a 'generale' one which covers criminal and civil records. I have to pay via bank draft which is £20, plus cert around £17. It would be much cheaper for me to get one as I assume I'll have to get it translated as well?

Any info gratefully received!
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Adrisn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trilo
I have been on to the ACRO website today to start the process, was wondering what this meant and if it applies to me?...

Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).
Only if the person requesting the ACRO certificate is not yourself (if you are using an solicitor, third party etc). Someone else, other than you, that holds a power of Attorney to carry out legal tasks n your behalf.