Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

$70 fees AOS-2 application or for one?

$70 fees AOS-2 application or for one?

Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

samal1485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $70 fees AOS-2 application or for one?

Hello,
I filed for my both parents 2 I-130 forms. I got a letter from NVC to pay $70 for my father application. Should I expect another $70 bill for my mother?
I paid $70 online. What should I do next, shoudl I mail anything?
The payment status is "in process".

Could anybody clarify, thanks a lot!

Samal
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:08 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $70 fees AOS-2 application or for one?

Originally Posted by samal1485
Hello,
I filed for my both parents 2 I-130 forms. I got a letter from NVC to pay $70 for my father application. Should I expect another $70 bill for my mother?

Samal
The fees are per person. I assume that your mother is also another person, so yes, the request for the extra $70 is probably for your mother.

If you feel that it is important to pay for her as well, then, yes, you should also expect another bill for $70, and should probably pay it.

If you feel your mother is not worth as much as your father, perhaps you should attempt to bargain to reduce the fee to how much you feel she is worth.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:47 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: $70 fees AOS-2 application or for one?

Originally Posted by nettlebed
The fees are per person. I assume that your mother is also another person, so yes, the request for the extra $70 is probably for your mother.

If you feel that it is important to pay for her as well, then, yes, you should also expect another bill for $70, and should probably pay it.

If you feel your mother is not worth as much as your father, perhaps you should attempt to bargain to reduce the fee to how much you feel she is worth.
I don't know about you, but if I were you, I would make my mom pay ME $70 for filing the I-130 on her behalf