$$ Fee timeline?

Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice
Default $$ Fee timeline?

hi guys. so i finally received my I-797..after a very long dragged out 6 months. i was told my fiance will be receiving his K1 fiance visa application info in the mail in approximately a month. but my question is..how much is everything going to cost us? I would love it if someone could help me out here!

So far i obviously paid the $350 (i believe thats what it was) for the l129F petition. and (i believe) i read there isnt a fee for the K1 application. I believe the medical is £150? but i could be wrong. now i know there is loads of stuff after this, such as the interview (which i believe there is a fee, but unsure how much). so any info would be great.

thanks in advance guys, id be so lost without this forum!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $$ Fee timeline?

There IS a fee for the K-1 visa, which is to be paid ahead of time, and bring the receipt to the interview. Not sure how much it is, but I'm thinking around $400-ish. Check the US Embassy in London's website.

Yes, the fee for the medical...do some research on this forum to see what others have paid recently.

The fee for the courier to deliver the passport back, payable at the visa interview. I think it's around 14 pounds, but I'm sure someone on here has posted the current amount. Also make sure what kind of currency the courier accepts...you don't want him to take a debit card if they only take cash, or vice versa.

Looking ahead, there will be the AOS fees in the USA after he arrives. The I-485 fee plus the fee for getting his vaccination transcribed by a USCIS approved civil surgeon.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice

i went on their site and K-1 visa is only one not posted on their list with fees?
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crissy33nicole
i went on their site and K-1 visa is only one not posted on their list with fees?
It's here: http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

$240

Even though the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, it's treated as an immigrant visa. The listing was under the "immigrant visa" heading.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

thank u rene! im pretty useless!

i have tried to do a bit of research to see what other fees there are but i cant seem to find any! i did find the medical, which is £210.

ok so we have:
l129F- $340
K1 visa application- $240
Medical- £210

so when u go to the interview u bring the receipt for the K1application, so does that mean u dont have to pay more? excluding the the £14 for fee to send passport.etc?

is that all until we are back in america? and then which fees are there? thanks in advance Rene/any one else!!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:43 pm

so when u go to the interview u bring the receipt for the K1application, so does that mean u dont have to pay more?
When you go to the interview, you bring the receipt for the PAYMENT of the visa fee. That shows you've already paid the fee. That's correct, at the interview you won't need to pay anymore more for the visa itself, just the courier fee.

is that all until we are back in america?
Yes. Of course there will be the cost of an airline ticket involved.

and then which fees are there?
As I said, after arrival in the USA and after getting married, there is the Adjustment of Status (AOS). You need to look up the fee for the I-485. That fee includes the application for EAD, AP, and biometrics. The I-485 fee can be found at www.uscis.gov, Forms.

There will also be a fee to get his vaccination record transcribed by a USCIS civil surgeon...the doctor sets his own price for that, estimate around $100 although it could be a little higher or lower.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 24th 2012 at 4:49 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:56 pm
In Anticipation

BibbyBear is an unknown quantity at this point

And don't forget the police certificate which has just had a price increase to £45 (wef 08/31/12) HERE

There are also incidentals like the cost of photos for both the medical and the interview and you may or may not need to pay for a few extra vaccinations, depending on what has already been done and recorded etc.

Chrissy
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

thank u chrissy, forgot bout the police certificate, he is gonna make sure his vaccines are all up to date so he wont have to pay for any of those. also the adjustment status is $1000..
also the green card is $450

is there anything else im missing? not counting the expenses of flights n moving! argg they sure do make it pricey. thank u ladies!!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:06 pm

also the adjustment status is $1000..
also the green card is $450
The Adjustment of Status process IS the "green card" process. I'm not sure you have those figures right.

This is where you need to look: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

If you look at the I-485, you'll see the fee for the I-485 is $985. There is also a biometrics fee of $85. So the total fee for AOS is going to be $1,070.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

oh i wasnt sure it covered also the green card, thats good! thank u rene..

i actually have another question u might be able to help me with..for the Affidavit of support form (I-134) i dont make enough money to support my fiance, (because ive mostly been out of the country for the last year)..will i be able to have a family member/ friend help me with this? thanks again!!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:13 pm

oh i wasnt sure it covered also the green card, thats good! thank u rene..

i actually have another question u might be able to help me with..for the Affidavit of support form (I-134) i dont make enough money to support my fiance, (because ive mostly been out of the country for the last year)..will i be able to have a family member/ friend help me with this? thanks again!!
Go here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Read the I-134 form and the I-134 instructions, and then come on back with any questions.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

I have read it but still a little confused. If I personally can't support him does that mean my friend fills this form out instead of me?? Sorry I wish I understood this stuff better..
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:32 pm

I have read it but still a little confused. If I personally can't support him does that mean my friend fills this form out instead of me?? Sorry I wish I understood this stuff better..
You're right, the instructions are not clear about that. The answer is yes, the person sponsoring him fills out the I-134. If that's not you, it will be someone else...in this case, your friend.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thank u rene you have been more than helpful!!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys! I was gonna post a new question but figured it would be easier to just attach to this one. My fiancé now has to send his k1 application to the embassy. But the instructions are a little confusing for us...

We have filled out all the forms (ds-230 Part 1 and 2, ds-156, ds-156k, ds-157, and ds-2001) so is that all we send in the mail? Although the site says only send part one of ds 230 and also not ds-2001? So does just bring them to interview?

do we also send copy of his police certificate? Or Is that just brought to the interview? I follow a timeline another person has posted and he says he sent it so that's why I'm s bit confused!

Thanks so much! I wish their instructions could be a little more straight forward!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.