Winter 2017-18

Old Dec 12th 2017, 1:02 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter 2017-18

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That's lovely.

I still like to keep a sort of discipline in getting up fairly early. Stepdaughter has had loads of early starts lately meaning leaving for the bus at 7.15 so I'm up making sure she's up and having her brekky ready when she gets downstairs.
Yep, I've found it's better to get up at a set time. I set the alarm for 6.45 then drink coffee and check messages in bed. Usually up by 7.30. Today I'll be shovelling snow, I could get the blower out but I usually end up covered in snow when I use it - I don't get the funnel direction changed in time- so today I'll shovel as there's only a bit.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

On my days off I let my internal clock wake me. It usually does about an hour after my usual wake time for work which is a little too early.

I figure the brain knows when the body is rested and ready to wake up...lol
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the car thermometer it is -17. The forecast is for lower temperatures tomorrow. There is maybe 8" of snow on the ground.

It's horrible.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:36 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
According to the car thermometer it is -17. The forecast is for lower temperatures tomorrow. There is maybe 8" of snow on the ground.

It's horrible.
I tried going for a walk today and it was evil. The bits of me that were covered were ok but the wind felt as if it were peeling the skin from my face.
I hate dressing to go outside. You struggle into a million layers then remember something that's at the other end if the house, you fetch it getting increasingly uncomfortable in outdoor clothing. But you still have to struggle into your boots which takes forever and the blood rushes to your head. Then upright again you see your gloves across the room so you have to get them by levitating across the floor - cos you've got your mucky boots on. Finally head gear and gloves on you batter outside dripping in sweat not caring that you want to pee.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:37 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I nearly slipped over yesterday but I was saved by ice.

My foot slid to the side but there was a frozen lump welded to the sidewalk and I didn't do the splits.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I tried going for a walk today and it was evil. The bits of me that were covered were ok but the wind felt as if it were peeling the skin from my face.
I hate dressing to go outside. You struggle into a million layers then remember something that's at the other end if the house, you fetch it getting increasingly uncomfortable in outdoor clothing. But you still have to struggle into your boots which takes forever and the blood rushes to your head. Then upright again you see your gloves across the room so you have to get them by levitating across the floor - cos you've got your mucky boots on. Finally head gear and gloves on you batter outside dripping in sweat not caring that you want to pee.
In this weather the success or failure of the whole day depends on how long it takes the dog to shit.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:14 am
limey party pooper

In this weather the success or failure of the whole day depends on how long it takes the dog to shit.
I hear you. I've just been outside with my poncey poodle who has refused to go all day until now. It was huge so at least I could find it in the snow
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

I hear you. I've just been outside with my poncey poodle who has refused to go all day until now. It was huge so at least I could find it in the snow
The worst is when she squats but leaps up when the snow is cold. First there's the issue of the arm being wrenched from the socket (you can't let go of a greyhound) and then there's knowing that she has to go, eventually.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 2:05 am
limey party pooper

The worst is when she squats but leaps up when the snow is cold. First there's the issue of the arm being wrenched from the socket (you can't let go of a greyhound) and then there's knowing that she has to go, eventually.
A longer leash wouldn't help much. My dog runs around me in a circle backwards and forwards as if he's on a lunge line. Then he'll suddenly choose the presumably optimum spot to let loose on.
I never realised how much of my life would be occupied with dog pee and poop.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 5:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

A longer leash wouldn't help much. My dog runs around me in a circle backwards and forwards as if he's on a lunge line. Then he'll suddenly choose the presumably optimum spot to let loose on.
I never realised how much of my life would be occupied with dog pee and poop.
I'm lucky with mine, she pee's on demand.. very accommodating she is.

Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you had cats then most of these problems wouldn't occur

Who needs alarm clocks when you have a cat. That genie pawing and nibbling at 4 am isn't saying I need to go out to pee or poop Its I want food and no matter how many times you throw me off the bed I still want food. Sure try closing the door I will just howl till you get up as there is no way Im gonna let you back to sleep until you feed me.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 11:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A bit chilly today. I woke to the sound of wind - the kind outside

It's -11 right now with the feels like being -22.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 12:26 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market) tonight with work colleagues to have gluhwein, and venison & boar gulasch for dinner.

Old Dec 14th 2017, 12:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh you will be having some fun!
Old Dec 14th 2017, 1:06 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
A bit chilly today. I woke to the sound of wind - the kind outside

It's -11 right now with the feels like being -22.
Wimp.

Try the -22 (-33) we've got this morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.