Winter 2017-18

Old Jan 5th 2018, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter 2017-18

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Going down to -35c to -42c tonight.

Not amused.
Air temp or that 'real feel' temp I keep on hearing about?

I went to Tremblant yesterday - 11 c at the top and reasonably pleasant to ski.. Today is supposed to be -25 at the top and lots of wind. I guess that is one way to have the crowds to thin out.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 7:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It is extremely cold here (see previous post) with lots of snow. The car is stuck in the snow. The tractor battery is dead and the truck heater has packed up. Tractor and car have to be sorted before the coming storm which means working in the dark. I believe that my right ear, never a particularly attractive ear, is frostbitten, certainly it looks as if I have pursued an unsuccessful career in boxing.

I could have gone to Australia
Or home. I hope your ear and your tractor battery and all the other aspects recover in due course.

It's been a nightmare here too: we were without central heating for three days largely due to my rather poor eyesight and that fact the asshole we bought our flat from thought it best to throw away all the manuals for the various appliances.

On the other hand it wasn't colder than a £20 2Kw electric heater couldn't handle.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

It is extremely cold here (see previous post) with lots of snow. The car is stuck in the snow. The tractor battery is dead and the truck heater has packed up. Tractor and car have to be sorted before the coming storm which means working in the dark. I believe that my right ear, never a particularly attractive ear, is frostbitten, certainly it looks as if I have pursued an unsuccessful career in boxing.

I could have gone to Australia.
There's a storm coming? Thankfully neither car is stuck in the snow, the truck and the tractor are snug in the garage (with manually operated doors) and the ducks are still alive but did seem a little pee'd off this morning and one has stopped laying in protest. It's effing cold.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 8:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I could have gone to Australia.
Bloody hell! Get a hat on man and be damned with vanity!

Sounds like you are having somewhat of a crap day... hope it improves!

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
There's a storm coming? Thankfully neither car is stuck in the snow, the truck and the tractor are snug in the garage (with manually operated doors) and the ducks are still alive but did seem a little pee'd off this morning and one has stopped laying in protest. It's effing cold.
https://www.google.org/publicalerts/...=CA&source=web

Are your ducks under cover with something to snuggle into? I always feel so bad for wildlife when it's this damn cold (not that your ducks are wildlife, but you know what I mean!)

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 5th 2018 at 8:53 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Or home. I hope your ear and your tractor battery and all the other aspects recover in due course.

It's been a nightmare here too: we were without central heating for three days largely due to my rather poor eyesight and that fact the asshole we bought our flat from thought it best to throw away all the manuals for the various appliances.

On the other hand it wasn't colder than a £20 2Kw electric heater couldn't handle.
FFS, it’s arsehole, arsehole, arsehole. You’re in the UK now. It’s time to talk properly.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Are your ducks under cover with something to snuggle into? I always feel so bad for wildlife when it's this damn cold (not that your ducks are wildlife, but you know what I mean!)

It’s probably part of nature’s culling process, but disturbing nonetheless.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

They are inside a cordwood constructed barn with lots of straw and a couple of lamps. They have a heated water bowl, but they like to lie in the snow during the day. Yes I knew about the cold weather warning but the word 'storm' makes me think of 3 feet of snow.

Last edited by HGerchikov; Jan 5th 2018 at 10:06 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Air temp or that 'real feel' temp I keep on hearing about?

I went to Tremblant yesterday - 11 c at the top and reasonably pleasant to ski.. Today is supposed to be -25 at the top and lots of wind. I guess that is one way to have the crowds to thin out.
‘‘Twas indeed positively tropical in the area yesterday.

Today, not so much, the wind was quite vicious: the only part of me exposed to the elements when I went on a 5 minute milk run to the dépanneur was my eyes. There were icicles on my lashes when I got there :/. My thermometer says -32, but I think it’s frozen.

I’m not amused either.

I could have stayed in Hong Kong...
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Heavy snow in the forecast. Sunday, Monday, next Wednesday fortnight, Accuweather knows as well as we do. The chickens are on strike which is just as well as their eggs freeze before they can be collected and go to waste.

New tractor battery awaits daylight for fitting. Once the tractor is running all will be well.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Look. If I'm going to work and I spend 25 minutes sculpting my comb over, I am not going to flatten that work with some bobble hat just because I have some shoveling to do. It's better to look good than to feel good.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

-67c in New Hampshire

Winds on this mountain in the US will make it feel like -67C - BBC News
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Heavy snow in the forecast. Sunday, Monday, next Wednesday fortnight, Accuweather knows as well as we do. The chickens are on strike which is just as well as their eggs freeze before they can be collected and go to waste.

New tractor battery awaits daylight for fitting. Once the tractor is running all will be well.
Sunday night right? For the snow, I have to drive to Kingston and back on Sunday, prefer not in a snowstorm. We have one frozen egg a day which I give to the dogs, the other 3 are laid in a nest and are nice and warm when I collect them.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Sunday night right? For the snow, I have to drive to Kingston and back on Sunday, prefer not in a snowstorm. We have one frozen egg a day which I give to the dogs, the other 3 are laid in a nest and are nice and warm when I collect them.
Now they say Sunday but I haven't forgotten all that "mainly cloudy" that had to be cleared last week. I don't trust them at all. I hope it doesn't fall tomorrow. Apart from the pain and suffering involved in the weather there's the inconvenience; we took the kitchen cupboards to the dump and need time indoors to patch and paint before the new lot come. Tractor fiddling eats into the drywalling time.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't what you lot are moaning about, it's been drizzling on and off all day here.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:55 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
...Winds on this mountain in the US will make it feel like -67C...
Must be a bit chilly waiting for the bus up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.