Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wife has good luck with jobs.

Wife has good luck with jobs.

Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife has good luck with jobs.

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Effexor withdrawal can be batsh*t crazypants, IME .

Back OT, congrats to your wife for the job offer
Oh it's a horrible medication to come off of. I have tried (under the care of a medical doctor) to come off it 3 times in the last 2 years and I start to feel so bad and miserable, and can't function once I get down to around the 75mg mark and then the crud hits the fan.

It's also a medication you cannot miss a dose of, if I am just even an hour late taking my dose, I start to feel the effects of it.

Its a miserable medication to come off of, and the doctor even admits this, he has patients trying to come off it all the time and just can't successfully do it.

When I say can't function trying to come off it, I don't mean depression, literally it makes you unable to think clearly, brain zaps, dizzy, nightmares, sleeping all the time, excessive mood swings and the like.

Unless one has experience with this medication (and likely others) its likely something one cannot really fully understand, and its hard to put into words how this medication makes you feel when the dose gets lower to the point, your brain craves more of it.

We are going to attempt a try in the coming months to come off it again, going to do it over a 5 month period slowly reducing the dosage.

One problem is the smallest dosage is 35.7mg and they are capsules, and going cold turkey off even that small of a dose can create issues, they really need to manufacture smaller size capsule so when people are weaning off, they can get even lower then 37.5mg.

Sorry for the effexor rant.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Cool that Mrs JS got a job so quickly. Hopefully you will have better luck in Chilliwack too.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Cool that Mrs JS got a job so quickly. Hopefully you will have better luck in Chilliwack too.
Yeah it is, we were both trying to get something quickly so she didn't have to commute for long, there just happened to be a position advertised last week in the same industry she works in now, which worked out nice.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:44 am
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute

+1 to what Shard says. Happy days JS! Congrats.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 4:17 am
Account Closed

Thanks all.

She seems to have more earning power then I do as well, 2 years ago neither of us would have though that a part-time weekend job would allow her to gain the valuable experience she has.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news! 😀
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Pays to have her more people person personality and ahe excels in people skills.

I am the opposite, i dont so so well with people. Do best left to myself with a task to complete. Social and people skills have never been something I excel at.

I very awkward around people and social situations which I think hurts me more than anything else.