White privilege???

Old Mar 14th 2018, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: White privilege???

Originally Posted by JamesM
I haven't worked since mid-December. I was at a tech start up who cut several of us senior folk out the blue.

I started actively looking in the second week of January. Nothing started to move though till mid-February.

I'll probably stick with my field (Software Sales) just because I can't afford the pay cut to learn something new.

My ratio of response is similar to yours. I find it has been about 10 applications for every interview.

My take is half the jobs aren't even real or the resumes don't get looked at because they have someone in mind.

I had an interview today for a job I applied for two months ago. I heard nothing then saw it posted again last week so re-applied. They then emailed me.

My new advice to people is that if you don't here anything back then don't be afraid to re-apply after a month.

Perhaps just rework the resume a little. The job was posted then immediate business needs changed and they never got round to hiring for it. They then repost and need fresh applicants not wanting to waste time on the original set who have possibly moved on.

Sorry to hear that James, your obviously experiencing the same frustrating hardship. I have recently come to a similar conclusion in that many of my applications don't even get looked at, companies seem to change their minds like the wind with regards to hiring....and discard previous applications because they know they can, its an employers market for sure.

Anyway I have recently started reapplying to the same jobs, it took me a little time to realise this, maybe I will fair better with this approach.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Nice to see you. So, where do you find these Americans who speak of civil war?
Homeland, season 7 episodes 1 and 2
(before and, no, doubt subsequent episodes)
Brett O'Keefe | Homeland TV Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

A rabble rouser

Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:49 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Homeland, season 7 episodes 1 and 2
(before and, no, doubt subsequent episodes)
Brett O'Keefe | Homeland TV Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

A rabble rouser

https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/th.jpg
His character seems inspired by Steve Bannon. He's been in many episodes now.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
His character seems inspired by Steve Bannon. He's been in many episodes now.
Ha! I just addressed you in the gogglebox thread.