What's your luxury?

Old Mar 22nd 2018, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your luxury?

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
At the moment, none. We had 4 up until recently when Mr Fox decided to drop by. Very unusual that, I've never seen a fox around here, country foxes are far too wary of people for that, plus with all the pheasants around here they never need to work very hard for a meal.

Anyway, we had one each of Sussex Ranger, Pied Ranger, Speckledy and a Goldline. Just for eggs, not meat. The Speckledy was a damned nuisance, broody as anything. I was really tempted to wring its neck. The others were brilliant, in total we got probably 20+ eggs a week from the 4 of them.

Will get some new ones later this spring, not the Speckledy though.
Excellent

We use to get around 2 dozen a day from the 26 that we had. All those we couldn't use used to be sold by our daughter to our neighbours. In fact, as I have probably stated before, the chicks came about as a result of an "entrepreneurial project" she had at school. She used to deliver them using her quad - definitely a rural thing.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 8:02 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I finally found a jar of Devon Cream (from Wiltshire ) in Sobeys.

So I went back to the bakery area to buy some scones.

My new luxury.
Devon cream (even from Wiltshire ) is good, Swiss - especially Gruyère - even better, but I imagine that that is impossible to find in your neck of the woods.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 8:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Devon cream (even from Wiltshire ) is good, Swiss - especially Gruyère - even better, but I imagine that that is impossible to find in your neck of the woods.
No, I can get Gruyère easily enough. Expensive though. But it doesn't go on a scone with strawberry jam as well Devon Cream does.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 8:27 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I can get Gruyère easily enough. Expensive though. But it doesn't go on a scone with strawberry jam as well Devon Cream does.
May I suggest that you're buying the wrong scones and/or jam?

Or maybe that Gruyère comes from China?
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 9:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

May I suggest that you're buying the wrong scones and/or jam?

Or maybe that Gruyère comes from China?
Are you one of those weirdos that puts jam and cheese together?

Was that before bacon and ice cream or after?

I have a pot of fig cabernet jam and the label says have it with cheese. I can't bring myself to do it.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 1:38 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It is. It's one of the things my ex brings from Switzerland. That and Cailler wrappers (to make it clear that she hasn't forgotten how much I like the chocolate and that she hasn't brought any).
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Was that before bacon and ice cream or after?

I have a pot of fig cabernet jam and the label says have it with cheese. I can't bring myself to do it.
Figs with blue cheese is lovely!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 8:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yum, figs. I think they go with everything. Conference pears are lovely on a cheese board too.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 8:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest luxury I've treated myself to recently is eyebrow tattoos. My eyebrows were really sparse after years of methotrexate treatment and I was sick of penciling them in. It cost £550 and was worth every penny
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 9:43 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada

So my luxury - fresh juice all of the time - passionfruit, a citrus blend, mango nectar, star fruit, sorrel, guava, home made coca cola [thats orange lemon and bergamot] honeydew melon, watermelon, there are others..l
What's your home made Coca Cola full recipe?
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 10:39 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What's your home made Coca Cola full recipe?
These are all real caribbean fruit - citrus here is on steroids, not like the wimpy things you get in cooler or less hostile climes.

About:
300ml west indian lime juice [or 500ml of grafted/tahitian lime juice]
600ml seville orange juice [thats the vicious stuff not sweet fruit]
300ml bergamot juice [its another citrus fruit - source if the flavour in earl grey tea]
Tablespoon of ground dried bergamot peel.
5 litres water
About 6 tablespoons white sugar

Yes its orangey in colour, you could use caramel instead of sugar if you wanted it black but why...
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I finally found a jar of Devon Cream (from Wiltshire ) in Sobeys.

So I went back to the bakery area to buy some scones.

My new luxury.

Which one???
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:07 am
Gloves off

Normally not, but....

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh yes!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yum, figs. I think they go with everything. Conference pears are lovely on a cheese board too.
Yes again!

Originally Posted by dbd33
It is. It's one of the things my ex brings from Switzerland. That and Cailler wrappers (to make it clear that she hasn't forgotten how much I like the chocolate and that she hasn't brought any).
That is plain cruel!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

We have been doing quite well from Superstore on the cheese front lately. Plenty of sales and finals. Including Gruyere a few weeks ago
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:13 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Try old [oude] Gouda - its lovely - ultimate cheese on toast material. A bit like crumbly red leicester.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.