Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

what would you do during a year off?

what would you do during a year off?

Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what would you do during a year off?

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Like what? Do that for a whole year? Isnt that just returning to your teens , only without the homework and the nagging mother?

Anyway, I think I would write (poorly), paint (only when drunk), take up yoga, make jewelry that a small child could get praise for and continue to not shave my legs. And that year would pass all too quickly I bet.
Who are you answering?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:43 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Just curious. A friend and I were talking about this recently. If you had the chance to take a break from work for a year (or even just 6 months) and do something completely non-income generating what would you do with the time?

Fake my death and come back and haunt people...

or go live a completely different life (a year of transhumance somewhere, gender-bend and pretend to be a man, join a Hutterite colony, do the grizzly adams thing)...

or go do something useful...

or get tons of cosmetic surgery...

or learn to do something that I haven't thought of yet...

or build a house ... well, watch other people build it...

or do SFA...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:00 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Fake my death and come back and haunt people...

or go live a completely different life (a year of transhumance somewhere, gender-bend and pretend to be a man, join a Hutterite colony, do the grizzly adams thing)...

or go do something useful...

or get tons of cosmetic surgery...

or learn to do something that I haven't thought of yet...

or build a house ... well, watch other people build it...

or do SFA...
Okay, you made me google Hutterite. I can see why you'd start that adventure with gender-bending, I don't think you'd fit in very well as a woman HWP.

"The Hutterite community has one of the highest fertility rates."

"Hutterite colonies are male-managed with women participating in traditional roles such as cooking, medical decisions and selection and purchase of fabric for clothing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutterite
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:05 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by windward
Okay, you made me google Hutterite. I can see why you'd start that adventure with gender-bending, I don't think you'd fit in very well as a woman HWP.

"Hutterite colonies are male-managed with women participating in traditional roles such as cooking, medical decisions and selection and purchase of fabric for clothing."

How is that really any different than mainstream suburbia?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:05 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutterite
Gorgeous bunch of females
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:12 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

12 pinter's most of em!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:10 am
Flags! Yeah!! Wooooooooo!

Naryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really nice

I think I'd get my dream business off the ground: Jerk School.

The adverts would go something like this: "impress your friends with your knowledge of irrelevant facts - talk louder than everyone else - argue about the price of the wine. With Jerk School training; YOU CAN!"
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:16 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Who are you answering?
Well as my comments follwed you and Naryamente's full page of wank talk, I thought it was clear - but obviously not!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:19 am

Naryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Well as my comments follwed you and Naryamente's full page of wank talk, I thought it was clear - but obviously not!
I got it baby....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:06 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

i money wasnt a problem, i would follow the formula one circus for the year with a tent!

Karen
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:11 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont start talking about tents.......you'll set off Naryamente again
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:31 pm

Aaaaw yeah! (said in hip-hop style)
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Naryamente
I think I'd get my dream business off the ground: Jerk School.

The adverts would go something like this: "impress your friends with your knowledge of irrelevant facts - talk louder than everyone else - argue about the price of the wine. With Jerk School training; YOU CAN!"
I can help you with the creme egg dull facts training
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm I don't know any crap but interesting facts so can't help out there - and as to your other suggestion - i'm not helping with that one either
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
sleep
That and shag my brains out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.