Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Originally Posted by the moog
I forgot - not only was that my 10th post (woohoo!) but we've also now been here a whole year (woohoo again) as of yesterday!
congratulations on your first canaversary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jempee
congratulations on your first canaversary
Congrats from us too

Looking forward to meeting some of you lot in July

take care

Adbru
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:42 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Escapea
SkiBunny - welcome, glad you are here (did you come out on Bunac in the end?) How are you finding James Bay (I was working there initially on Michigan and miss my lunchtime strolls round Beacon Hill...talking of which, Beacon Hill Park is 125 years old this year and this coming weekend there are apparently lots of celebration events going on in the park Sat/Sun).

SkiBunny if you're still looking for work, try BC government, as they have now opened all roles up to non-government employees and they are now recruiting hard (it worked for me PM me if you want more info.

Look forward to seeing you at the summer meet up of the VI Brits.
Yes we did! I will PM you. We had firmly settled on Vancouver or Calgary until we did our RV tour and fell in love with it here
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:48 pm

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

We just got back from a few days in Seattle via the Clipper - if any of you haven't done it already then we'd recommend it a pod of porpoise followed us for a bit on the way down which was kewl (and cheaper than whale watching lol).

The meet up sounds good! Spinnakers is really nice, and that Swans brew pub is nice too (and quite big if there are a few of us) but it doesn't have a harbour view.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

Hiya,

The meet up sounds good! Spinnakers is really nice, and that Swans brew pub is nice too (and quite big if there are a few of us) but it doesn't have a harbour view.

Anyone want to take the lead on this ??
we would be keen to attend and our trip is filling up rapidly

Can I ask a couple of questions for you guys.... ?

Is the bathtub race weekend in Nanaimo worth a look ?? (it would help break the journey up to Port MacNeil)

And any recommendations for a realtor in/around the Comox area ??

thanks

Adbru

(p.s. sat my IAM driving test on monday.... preparing to move, me, never )
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Hi - happy to sort something for 29th July...Spinnakers is good but not sure it will fit all of us easily...Swans Brew Pub can get noisy, so I'll try Canoe as this is in town so pretty central, and has parking, and also is right on the water-front with a great outdoor seating area overlooking the harbour plus a large indoor bar with a modern "pub" feel (in case the weather is pants)...

I'm pretty sure you can book a table for a group so I'll look into it tomorrow and let you all know...will go for something around say 1pm? (allowing for lunch for those with hunger pains and enough cheeky beers to last the afternoon...!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure you can book a table for a group so I'll look into it tomorrow and let you all know...will go for something around say 1pm? (allowing for lunch for those with hunger pains and enough cheeky beers to last the afternoon.

Quick question...

Is it ok to have kids there on a sunday lunchtime ??
We will have at least our youngest (11) with us....

Sounds good so far

Adbru
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

canuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud of

Would you guys mind/be interested in having a native Canadian living in Victoria join you for the get together?

or is this for Brits only?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:40 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Peeps,

Just thought i'd chirp in(hope thats ok) as i too will be in Victoria 'Langford' by July 29th. Were all well excited now and the landlord has just sent me some pics of a wild deer in our back yard!! The kids are stoked to say the least. I work for Xerox as a color technician and that's what i'll be doing on the island. I feel so fortunate to be in a good job on probably one of the most beautiful places to live in the world.
It's really helping the process along to be able to share the experience with other like minded people going through the same thing.

Cheers,

Mike
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by canuckgirl
Would you guys mind/be interested in having a native Canadian living in Victoria join you for the get together?

or is this for Brits only?
How rude

The more the merrier
Just being nosy are you a native Victorian or a relocater?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

canuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud of

not being nosey!
I grew up in California and Vancouver but have lived in Victoria for ten years.
I am a bit of an Anglophile and would enjoy meeting some Brits.
I may also be of help for info on the city.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Hi - ok, we're booked into Canoe at midday (12pm) on Sunday 29th July, in the outdoor seating area by the water(we have a big group table under the marquee) - just say you're with British Expats (Canuckgirl - you'll have to put on an accent to get in then!...seriously, you are welcome to join us).

Adbru - I checked and children are allowed in the outdoor area (just not in the pub area inside).

If you can PM me to let me know you're def coming that would be helpful then I can give you directions if you need them and my cell (in case you get lost...not sure how you could, there's only 2 roads into Victoria!)

More details at http://www.canoebrewpub.com/index.html

See you there from midday onwards...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

bannahamoock...how are you?...help, how do you get it into the Calendar like you did for the last meetup in Nanaimo?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

ok, I managed to figure it out (I think)
that's one way of trying to get my mumber of posts up I guess...keep replying to myself!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:25 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the moog
you'll have to put on an accent to get in then!...
good to know...
(you don't mention WHICH accent...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.