Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

very excited about Citizenship

very excited about Citizenship

Old Jun 16th 2017, 3:13 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: very excited about Citizenship

C-6 passes Senate https://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/bill...te-059127.html
Not yet received Royal Assent.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 3:28 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
C-6 passes Senate https://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/bill...te-059127.html
Not yet received Royal Assent.
That was from May 3rd -this was more current

June 13, 2017 Passed Motion respecting Senate amendments to Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act

Wait for the motion on the amendment of the amendments
Old Jun 16th 2017, 3:51 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
That was from May 3rd -this was more current
June 13, 2017 Passed Motion respecting Senate amendments to Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act
Wait for the motion on the amendment of the amendments
Just goes to show what a twonk I am...
Old Jun 19th 2017, 11:23 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

It becomes law today, so once CIC updates their website I'm going to apply
Old Jun 20th 2017, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean the ages are going back to what they were before? So 54+ don't need to do the test? Hubby is 54 next April so that would be a bonus for him!!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:24 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

No- 54 and under still have to do the test-sorry DandN

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/bill...ip-069248.html

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 20th 2017 at 2:27 am.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 11:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
No- 54 and under still have to do the test
So they've borrowed from Lawtons Pharmacy that does a seniors discount from age 55

Just out of curiosity, "Applicants between 18 and 54 years must meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship," why does this go hand in hand?

And why is there an age factor anyway?

I mean, if I ever did apply, I'd be happy to be old enough not to need it, especially with my dwindling powers of English but why the age exemption anyway? People of a certain age are not expected to engage with Canadians?

You're just allowed to be ignorantly cantankerous and use age as an excuse?
Old Jun 20th 2017, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
So they've borrowed from Lawtons Pharmacy that does a seniors discount from age 55

Just out of curiosity, "Applicants between 18 and 54 years must meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship," why does this go hand in hand?

And why is there an age factor anyway?

I mean, if I ever did apply, I'd be happy to be old enough not to need it, especially with my dwindling powers of English but why the age exemption anyway? People of a certain age are not expected to engage with Canadians?

You're just allowed to be ignorantly cantankerous and use age as an excuse?
You old bastard you!!

Well hubby will have to wait until he's 55 then!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 11:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Well hubby will have to wait until he's 55 then!
I wonder if they'll get flooded with applications from people over 54 worried they might change it back to 65.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

The physical presence requirements aren't going to change until (probably) Fall. Language requirements as well:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/06/bill_c-6_receivesroyalassent0.html

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 20th 2017 at 2:07 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:24 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The physical presence requirements aren't going to change until (probably) Fall. Language requirements as well:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...alassent0.html
I'm sure my link said the same thing
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but your link is David Cohen's website/blog; mine is "official" IRCC!!!
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I wonder if they'll get flooded with applications from people over 54 worried they might change it back to 65.
Maybe. That being said I am doing a course with lots of studying for the next 12 months so I don't want to confuse my poor old brain with even more info so we'll definitely wait until then. He'll be 54 by then so a few more months won't matter...