Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

vacationing with a camper trailer

vacationing with a camper trailer

Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vacationing with a camper trailer

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Why would anyone care if an RV or trailer was parked in a driveway next door?

I can't say I would ever care if my neighbor has an RV or trailer parked in their driveway.
In my case it blocks my view and makes me feel hemmed in. I like to look out and view the osprey flying from their nests and not a huge, ugly, polluting, heap of metal.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:56 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
In my case it blocks my view and makes me feel hemmed in. I like to look out and view the osprey flying from their nests and not a huge, ugly, polluting, heap of metal.
I take it you aren't keen on them....?
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Views are not protected as a homeowner. If your municipality doesn't prohibit an RV to be permanently parked there and their house doesn't contravene any bylaws I believe they are in their rights to park an RV on their driveway.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Views are not protected as a homeowner. If your municipality doesn't prohibit an RV to be permanently parked there and their house doesn't contravene any bylaws I believe they are in their rights to park an RV on their driveway.
I think it's fine to park them on the driveway. It's only people who try to move them around on public roads that I find offensive. They're as slow as a convoy of Harley-Davidsons and a bugger to pass due to wobbling all over the place and being half a mile long once the dreary griege box is in tow.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:04 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
You believe correctly. What made you decide to post this? There aren't currently any RVs on the next door driveway but if they were I am within my rights to dislike it.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:07 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think it's fine to park them on the driveway. It's only people who try to move them around on public roads that I find offensive. They're as slow as a convoy of Harley-Davidsons and a bugger to pass due to wobbling all over the place and being half a mile long once the dreary griege box is in tow.
It's a bit suburban though isn't it? They fit in well with cookie cutter houses and all the other toys parked in the garage. The huge garage that takes up the majority of the house front.

Yes I am being snobbish about them.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The huge garage that takes up the majority of the house front.
I hate that. Fortunately few and far between here but the "House of the week" (for sale) in the weekend paper is like that almost every time. I look and I think what a waste of living space.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:20 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I would love an airstream but they are so expensive. We still havent gotten any further in my daydream. The house up the road has a massive class A motorhome on the drive, they have just retired and plan to sell up and travel everywhere. Its gorgeous, got the whole shebang going on in there, with granite and all. I have some envy going on although I am not in any way ready to be old enough to retire yet....
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a few wild Airstream conversions, the most recent was probably 20 years ago on a Checker station-wagon.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I would love an airstream but they are so expensive. We still havent gotten any further in my daydream. The house up the road has a massive class A motorhome on the drive, they have just retired and plan to sell up and travel everywhere. Its gorgeous, got the whole shebang going on in there, with granite and all. I have some envy going on although I am not in any way ready to be old enough to retire yet....
The amount they will be spending on gas and campsite fees will enable you to travel to the same destinations in your car, arriving earlier affording more time to see things, spend your nights in a nice hotel, eat at nice eateries and still have money left over. Granted, one can save the campsite fees by parking in a Walmart parking lot, but that isn’t my idea of a great time.

I get why some people like using a trailer to live in when staying in a single location for days at a time, but I see no benefit at all in using such things to travel from place to place.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:07 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The amount they will be spending on gas and campsite fees will enable you to travel to the same destinations in your car, arriving earlier affording more time to see things, spend your nights in a nice hotel, eat at nice eateries and still have money left over. Granted, one can save the campsite fees by parking in a Walmart parking lot, but that isn’t my idea of a great time.

I get why some people like using a trailer to live in when staying in a single location for days at a time, but I see no benefit at all in using such things to travel from place to place.
I think it could be a smidgen cheaper if you plan on staying in the Florida Keys ( I most def do) at say this place....https://www.google.ca/search?q=bahia...=1504116032738

That beach is dreamy as I have (fortunately) frequented it numerous times and a typical vacation home around there is upwards of $1500 a week (unless its a flea-pit)
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

My old bosses bought an amazing trailer (all $70,000 worth of it) and every October they drive down to Florida and set it up and spend the winter down there, coming back occasionally to check on their staff. Then in the spring they haul it back to Ontario and park it up in Muskoka somewhere...
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
with granite and all.
Is that the Colin Chapman Edition?
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:34 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
^^^^^ This x1000
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:50 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by DandNHill
My old bosses bought an amazing trailer (all $70,000 worth of it) and every October they drive down to Florida and set it up and spend the winter down there, coming back occasionally to check on their staff. Then in the spring they haul it back to Ontario and park it up in Muskoka somewhere...
Thats my dream except we leave Jan 1st and return end May.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.