US Netflix DNS

Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:00 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Netflix DNS

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
What did you have to do to set up an account with unblock-us? As I wanted to go down the router route, I didn't actually have to do anything except to change the DNS settings on the router. Is there more I should have done?

I will check the app thingymawotsit next time I am on the Xbox
The instructions do say you can do it at router level. However I did find that it helped to change the settings on the ATVs as well. Just be sure the do it on at least one computer in the house ( it says this somewhere in the instructions and it's something I didn't do - result = things kept flicking back to Canada Netflix ).
Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
The instructions do say you can do it at router level. However I did find that it helped to change the settings on the ATVs as well. Just be sure the do it on at least one computer in the house ( it says this somewhere in the instructions and it's something I didn't do - result = things kept flicking back to Canada Netflix ).
OK, will do.

The thing I find curious is that I received an email from them, confirming that I am registered with them, but then received an email from them this morning inviting me to participate in their 7 day trial, as if I wasn't already (I thought that I was).

I will have to see if it continues working on day 8. I am happy to pay for it, they just don't seem to want to be paid at this time
Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

OK, will do.

The thing I find curious is that I received an email from them, confirming that I am registered with them, but then received an email from them this morning inviting me to participate in their 7 day trial, as if I wasn't already (I thought that I was).

I will have to see if it continues working on day 8. I am happy to pay for it, they just don't seem to want to be paid at this time
I recall something similar after I gave cc details to continue after the trial. During the trial I got an invite.

Not received anything bar invoices since starting the paid period.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
The ATV?

I didn't realise initially that you have to set the country when you log onto your account.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

OK, will do.

I tried to do the 7 day trial at first but for some reason couldn't set it up. For the sack of $5pm a free trial isn't really necessary...........
Old Mar 20th 2013, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
I tried to do the 7 day trial at first but for some reason couldn't set it up. For the sack of $5pm a free trial isn't really necessary...........
I agree, but I couldn't get it to allow me to pay right from the off. I will look again later.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Unblock US has been working pretty well for BBC Iplayer on the laptop using router settings. Programmes stream well and download fast.

Still been unsuccessful using the Xbox on the same router for BBC Iplayer. Looking at the support section on the Unblock Us website other people have been having a similar problem - I haven't seen a thread with a solution yet...........
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Been through a few cycles of questions and responses from the Unblock US support people. I get the impression that the XBox isn't going to work with the BBC Iplayer using that service. It works well using the computer through - streaming and downloading is much much faster than the myexpat vpn.

Has anyone configured a vpn account using a router like this?

http://dd-routers.com/ddwrt-router.html
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:02 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Been through a few cycles of questions and responses from the Unblock US support people. I get the impression that the XBox isn't going to work with the BBC Iplayer using that service. It works well using the computer through - streaming and downloading is much much faster than the myexpat vpn.

Has anyone configured a vpn account using a router like this?

http://dd-routers.com/ddwrt-router.html
I flashed my router with a DD-WRT and it works great. There site has a list of which routers it can be used with etc.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

glymph is an unknown quantity at this point

Tunlr appears to be working again.