Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Unspeakable things....

Unspeakable things....

Old May 16th 2017, 1:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unspeakable things....

Originally Posted by Souvy
Mine likes to eat grass. When I see her doing it, I get the kitchen towels and Fantastic out because I know I'll be seeing that grass again somewhere indoors.
I was always told that eating grass was a system dogs, and cats, used to make themselves sick if they had eaten anything that wasn't good, for them.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Another cat of ours likes to eat - anything. Poop scooping I saw a long flat pale thing, eek! Is it a worm? An unpleasantly closer look showed that the worm had writing on it, the elastic from a bunch of broccoli.
A previous cat ate the elastic 'string' that goes around meat - discarded after cooking.

We knew this only after discovering the loop hanging out of her arse.

It made my eyes water imagining her running through the bushes and having it catch on something.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I was always told that eating grass was a system dogs, and cats, used to make themselves sick if they had eaten anything that wasn't good, for them.
A vet told me that too.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking about a horse I had as a teenager who was a complete satanic monster to everyone except me. He was sweet, gentle and quiet as a lamb for me, which often fooled other people into thinking they could pet him despite my warnings.

He would throw every rider and then try and kick and bite and trample them, but he was never anything other than adoring to me thankfully.

He was huge and jet black too, his previous owner thought he needed to be put to sleep for his excessive aggression but I just clicked with him from the start, much to the horror of my horse-terrified parents, had to do some serious wheedling to convince them to buy him!

He was an amazing horse, real one in a million but cancer got him
Old May 16th 2017, 2:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Another cat of ours likes to eat - anything. Poop scooping I saw a long flat pale thing, eek! Is it a worm? An unpleasantly closer look showed that the worm had writing on it, the elastic from a bunch of broccoli.
We have a couple of cats, one (a litter mate of the one you had) is semi-feral. He had worms. Wriggly things like maggots. Catching him and taking him to the vet was a game. Cats not keen on vets bite and scratch. Still, the worms the whippet originally came with were worse, they'd formed a ball filling his innards and had to be removed surgically, one giant lump of expensive teeming ugliness.
Old May 16th 2017, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez dbd I think I'm going to lose my breakfast! Can't find a vomiting emoticon!
Old May 16th 2017, 3:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raindropsandroses
Jeez dbd I think I'm going to lose my breakfast! Can't find a vomiting emoticon!
Oh there is one, people often use it on my posts.
Old May 16th 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's a belated one, just found it thanks!
Old May 16th 2017, 6:37 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
We have a couple of cats, one (a litter mate of the one you had) is semi-feral. He had worms. Wriggly things like maggots. Catching him and taking him to the vet was a game. Cats not keen on vets bite and scratch. Still, the worms the whippet originally came with were worse, they'd formed a ball filling his innards and had to be removed surgically, one giant lump of expensive teeming ugliness.
I have just gone seriously off chocolate-covered marshmallow biscuits.
Old May 16th 2017, 9:19 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh that's an unspeakably unspeakable example of unspeakableness.
Old May 16th 2017, 9:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Our last remaining cat is banished permanently to the garage and the sun room. He has a habit of producing various permutations of vomit, bileous green wet hairballs, diarrhea, and random turds that have hung on after he has left the litter box.

To keep the garage from becoming a stinking health hazard even in the garage he is confined to a dog-run cage. The sunroom has minimal furniture - mostly old white wicker chairs and a table, which will be tossed as soon as he has shuffled off this mortal coil.

We had another one and she was the nastiest, filthiest cat I have ever seen. She was mostly an outdoor cat but for her own safety we brought her into the garage at night. She certainly never got the memo about cats being fastidious as she never seemed to clean herself at all, and although she didn't like to be held we would try to tidy her up occasionally - cutting tats out of her fur and give her a bath a couple of times a year.

She earned her keep by hunting for prey near the house that otherwise snakes would come looking for, but when the leaves in the woods were dry she was the least effective hunter you could ever imagine, thrashing around and making a racket in the leaves like a herd of buffalo. .... What's that racket in the wood? Oh, that's just Stubby out hunting!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 16th 2017 at 9:40 pm.
Old May 17th 2017, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

We got our new cat from the rescue centre (our other dear old friend died in November ). She's very different. She hisses quite regularly and holds you prisoner on the stairs (you can't walk past her).

She tentatively tries to sit on your lap but it's very nerve wracking because the slightest movement you make, she goes for you. I think she must have been abused before. She was adopted two previous times from the cat home and taken back so we couldn't give up on her. But she's hard work and a difficult cat to love even though she's long haired with a bushy tail and very pretty.
Old May 17th 2017, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

We had a Lurcher who loved to eat long grass, we were forever having to go behind her with some kitchen roll and pull it out of her bum! One of our greyhounds would eat random items, including we discovered a small Gonzo. How did we know? A Gonzo encased in barf on our bedroom carpet!
This was the same greyhound who would 'clean up' after the Lurcher was in season, to the extend that he was so thorough, he chewed a hole in the carpet!
Old May 17th 2017, 10:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
...One of our greyhounds would eat random items, including we discovered a small Gonzo...
One of these?

Old May 17th 2017, 10:59 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
We got our new cat from the rescue centre (our other dear old friend died in November ). She's very different. She hisses quite regularly and holds you prisoner on the stairs (you can't walk past her).

She tentatively tries to sit on your lap but it's very nerve wracking because the slightest movement you make, she goes for you. I think she must have been abused before. She was adopted two previous times from the cat home and taken back so we couldn't give up on her. But she's hard work and a difficult cat to love even though she's long haired with a bushy tail and very pretty.
My little girl (rescued from my neighbour's engine compartment) is the cuddliest thing on earth. It's pretty much impossible for Souvette or I to sit down or go to bed without company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.