Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:33 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Okay so today is my 7th Anniversary and my OH got me.....NOWT! Apart from hitting him with a big stick, how can I change a man who is not romantic! I am sure he used to be.....!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:40 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Sorry Amy i've tried everything with mine! The only thing that worked was when I actually told him I would like a bunch of flowers or something for valentines day one year - so he did. (I thought that judging by my reaction that would have made him think forward for other occasions but oh no.

It kinda took the shine off so I never bothered asking him again.

Haven't had one box of chocs /flowers/perfume/sparklies or indeed any kind of girly stuff for about 2 years now.

He did bake me a cake for my birthday last year I think thats as far as he's likely to go

If anyone knows this answer I would like it please - or just to feel special once in a while
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:46 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Sorry Amy i've tried everything with mine! The only thing that worked was when I actually told him I would like a bunch of flowers or something for valentines day one year - so he did. (I thought that judging by my reaction that would have made him think forward for other occasions but oh no.

It kinda took the shine off so I never bothered asking him again.

Haven't had one box of chocs /flowers/perfume/sparklies or indeed any kind of girly stuff for about 2 years now.

He did bake me a cake for my birthday last year I think thats as far as he's likely to go

If anyone knows this answer I would like it please - or just to feel special once in a while
He called me this morning to say "Happy Anniversary" closely followed by "I haven't bought you anything..."!!! I don't really want a present - a nice card would do - just something...! it is my 30th in June and am so not looking forward to it! I love birthdays but what with a rubbish man and no friends really here it is going to be pants!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:00 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Hard lesson to learn, but you get what you deserve.

Put more in, get more out.

Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H
Hard lesson to learn, but you get what you deserve.

Put more in, get more out.

As an obviously wise man, what should I being doing, under the "putting more in" section?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
He called me this morning to say "Happy Anniversary" closely followed by "I haven't bought you anything..."!!! I don't really want a present - a nice card would do - just something...! it is my 30th in June and am so not looking forward to it! I love birthdays but what with a rubbish man and no friends really here it is going to be pants!
What did you get him?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What did you get him?
A nice card and a fishing licence, so he can go fish and get some peace and quiet.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:08 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

A nice card and a fishing licence, so he can go fish and get some peace and quiet.
Sorted then.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:10 pm

Sorted then.
Well I'm not - he gets peace and quiet and I get to look after the sprogs...as usual!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:12 pm
Born again atheist

Well I'm not - he gets peace and quiet and I get to look after the sprogs...as usual!
Such is life. Take the sprogs fishing.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:13 pm

Such is life. Take the sprogs fishing.
Ah ha - HE can take the sprogs fishing. Sorted!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:15 pm
Born again atheist

Ah ha - HE can take the sprogs fishing. Sorted!!
That works too.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

have you tried highlighting it on the calendar? Or maybe having a sitdown with him and telling him that you want him to buy at least a card on such occasions, especially with you not having the family and friends around to do your own thing with? I know it's not great that he doesn't think to do it on his own but a combination of them both may do the trick
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:21 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by mc_dub
have you tried highlighting it on the calendar? Or maybe having a sitdown with him and telling him that you want him to buy at least a card on such occasions, especially with you not having the family and friends around to do your own thing with? I know it's not great that he doesn't think to do it on his own but a combination of them both may do the trick
Yes, spontaneity is what every marraige needs.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:22 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Read this book:-

http://www.amazon.com/Proper-Care-Fe.../dp/0060520612

It tells you all you will ever need to know to improve your relationship.

Women do not always realise how simple and uncomplicated men really are, we are really easy to please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.