For the TV streamers

Old Feb 16th 2014, 12:24 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the TV streamers

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Pacific Rim is on PSN this weekend for $2 (HD).

Quite a bargain compared to the $190,000,000,000 billion it cost to make.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663662/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Or watch it in HD on XBMC and put the $2 towards a beer
Old Feb 16th 2014, 12:26 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Animal.....

Is your Ouya here yet? If so, can you do a detailed review and how to once you get it up and running please?

Screenshots too will be nice if you don't mind

Ouya kasha...aw right
Bit the bullet and Ordered it from amazon and should be with me middle of next week. I'll let you know how I get on with it, what it's like etc.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Is the XBMC platform pre-installed on the ouya ?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 1:53 am
I said what ?!

Originally Posted by nldfc
No, but it's in the store so a couple of clicks and installed I think.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 6:09 am
I said what ?!

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Animal.....

Is your Ouya here yet? If so, can you do a detailed review and how to once you get it up and running please?

Screenshots too will be nice if you don't mind
Originally Posted by nldfc
The Ouya I ordered from Amazon ($79) arrived last week but I never got to play with it and only got a short time over the weekend and set up so this is a very quick, not very detailed account of what I think/found out.

It's smaller than I expected and a cube size of approx 2" square. On the back is powersupply input, HDMI, RJ45 (Network) and a USB slot. The 'game' controller with it has a touch pad section in the middle I didn't know about.

Connected it all up and turned it on pressing on the small round button on top. Fired up straight away and updated to the its latest software version quickly and without anything required from me by pressing buttons etc.

XBMC isn't pre-installed but from the main home screen on the Ouya, click on Make, Apps and it is the first one on the list. Installed XBMC within 2 minutes and went straight into that. Installed 3 Repositories, 1 channel, Mashup and ITV Player to test out.

Before I tested any add ons, I installed a power hungry skin (aeon) to test it to the max with respect to speed.

The menu system around XBMC is VERY smooth and quick with no jittering I sometimes have on my Rasperry Pi and even Apple TV sometimes.

The add ons work fine and had no buffering on the live TV streams from ITV Player or Mashup. Obviously the movies and TV Shows also work a treat without any buffering.

I'd haven't tested it over Wifi so can't comment on that but one of my routers is very close to the Ouya anyway so wouldn't be a very good test.

The Controller is bit big and may be awkward for some people to use. I had a mini bluetooth keyboard and mouse that I put the dongle into the USB and it found it and fired it up straight away again without any hassles.

Only other thing I installed was a Nintendo emulator that I had a game of Super Mario 3 on (which was fine with the included controller)

I would receommend the unit for anyone wanting to get an inexpensive media streamer for XBMC. The Raspberry Pi takes a bit more setting up and by the time you've bought a power supply, Decent memory card not much in in with price against the Ouya. The Ouya runs XBMC as quick as my Apple TV 2 (and actually quicker) and getting hold of one of those is silly money anyway.

Sorry to bore anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about but if anybody else has any questions, fire away.

Last edited by Animal; Feb 24th 2014 at 6:51 am.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that -

I have been having some hassle with xbmc this last week - sometimes its taking about 15 tries before I get certain tv series and movies to work properly - sometimes I get nothing at all , sometimes sound and a black screen and sometimes I get the first 10 minutes or so then it just locks up - Can get pretty frustrating - the boxee box was lucky it wasn't thrown through the window on Saturday night
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Tunlr.net is no more....

www.tunlr.net
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:10 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a GBox Midnight MX2 unit. Spent saturday setting it up.

It got a bit frustrating at times (when it crashed my PC's internet) but finally got it set up and is great.

Enabled the pre-loaded stuff I wanted and with the aid of a few youtube videos did the rest.

Sunday, Post Ice-Hockey was spent watching a few fillums and it performed brilliantly