Trumps First week

Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trumps First week

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I heard Trump saying how everything in his administration was going smooth. His voice was silky smooth to match.

I suddenly had a vision of a man in a pink suit, possibly a TV Evangelist, with fair fluffy hair.

Might be a fictional character.

I'm having trouble tracking down the image I can't get out of my head.
https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...00&vet=1&w=480
Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The right sort of hair but no pink suit.

The only 'pink suits' I can find are real religious figures.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Martin as Jonas Nightingale in Leap of Faith maybe?

Not pink but maybe he wore one in other scenes.

(not the pink panther before anyone suggests it )
Attached Thumbnails Trumps First week-lof-mirror.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:24 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

In the real world the rest of us realise that more than one week has passed since Trump acceded to the US throne, but in Trump World time stands still and Week One will never end.
Trump World has spawned a number enjoyable items, first among which is the eminently comical 'Sean Spicer Show'. It's not often you get to see a really intelligent showman trying to keep a straight face while conning a bunch of journalists who know precisely what he's doing and why he's doing it.
I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Q. If we Republicans own the White House, the Senate and the Congress, whose fault is it that we can't repeal Obamacare?
A. The Democrats.
In Trump World it makes perfect sense, In Sean Spicer World it's a quagmire that reminds me of Flash Gordon falling into the Chasm of Sudden Death at Saturday Morning Pictures.
Q. Will Sean Spicer, like Flash Gordon, alter reality to ensure that the event never happened?

Last edited by dave_j; Mar 25th 2017 at 6:29 am.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:34 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You lot live in Canada so what the naff does any of this got to do with you? Get a life and focus on your own mundanities and political machinations.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You lot live in Canada so what the naff does any of this got to do with you? Get a life and focus on your own mundanities and political machinations.
They would but for the fact Canadian politics are so mind numbingly friggin boring!😎

Last edited by macadian; Mar 25th 2017 at 11:54 am.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
Q. If we Republicans own the White House, the Senate and the Congress, whose fault is it that we can't repeal Obamacare?
A. The Democrats.

I was wondering that.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 10:25 pm
Oscar nominated

<https://embed.theguardian.com/embed/video/tv-and-radio/video/2017/apr/27/watch-the-simpsons-take-on-trumps-first-100-days-in-office-video>
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Trump thought the job of US President would be easier.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3411071/tr...edium=Facebook
Old May 12th 2017, 2:49 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Now the mad man is threatening the ex FBI director via Twitter.

Old May 12th 2017, 3:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Now the mad man is threatening the ex FBI director via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07411132649473
That's quite odd as it assumes one or both of them would lie about the content of the conversations, there's no pretence of integrity. I'm sure that's how Trump acts and what he expects of others but I doubt it holds true for Comey.
Old May 12th 2017, 3:47 pm
Oscar nominated

From the reports on CBC radio I heard last night about how he says things that are contradicted by people he appointed and how he even contradicts something he said himself previously and then does it again the next day and then add in all the other stuff, you really have to question the mindset of anyone who would still support him.

Or assume they just don't know anything that's been in the news - and then wonder on what basis they vote.

You know those movies and TV shows where the bloke in charge is off their rocker and someone more junior has the authority to relieve them of their position?
Old May 12th 2017, 4:10 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From the reports on CBC radio I heard last night about how he says things that are contradicted by people he appointed and how he even contradicts something he said himself previously and then does it again the next day and then add in all the other stuff, you really have to question the mindset of anyone who would still support him.

Or assume they just don't know anything that's been in the news - and then wonder on what basis they vote.

You know those movies and TV shows where the bloke in charge is off their rocker and someone more junior has the authority to relieve them of their position?
I think this every single day. Every day I am gobsmacked hes the president. Every day I am shocked by his behaviour and a little amused by his Twitter behaviour, its like some sulky teenager is writing under the name of a grown-up. Odd all round.
Old May 12th 2017, 4:34 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Odd all round.
I agree, but remember, this was a man who won an election by appealing to voters in a manner that so many disregarded and dismissed.

To any reasonable individual his behaviour appears idiosyncratic and unstable but in Trump World it makes perfect sense. He's not attempting to attract your vote and like you I don't understand why he does what he does and we can only hope that his vision of what he's trying to accomplish doesn't include mushroom clouds either by accident or design.

If the establishment manage to rediscover where they left their cajones then we might see them digging out their white coats and taking him away. We would then be left with an ultra religeous Pence and we may yearn for the pragmatism of the Donald.

A lose - lose as far as I can see, I think I'll dig a hole and bury my head in the sand for a few years.
Old May 12th 2017, 5:09 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
...in Trump World it makes perfect sense...
James Comey Fired: How the White House Changed its Story | Time.com
President Trump’s assertion Thursday that he had planned to fire FBI Director James Comey before receiving a memo from top Justice Department officials shattered the White House’s explanation of the events leading to the highly unusual move and exacerbated his Administration's growing credibility problem.

Speaking to NBC News, Trump told interviewer Lester Holt that he “was going to fire [Comey] regardless of the recommendation” of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein...Trump's comments contradicted the shifting White House account of the motive...and cast the narratives offered by Vice President Mike Pence and Trump's top two spokespeople into doubt, suggesting that they either lied to reporters or were misled themselves.

The White House said on Tuesday night that Rosenstein had independently recommended that Trump relieve Comey of his responsibilities...Trump's remarks to NBC revealed that narrative to be a sham.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer initially denied on Tuesday night that Trump had any involvement in Rosenstein’s decision...Spicer cast Trump as merely following through on the recommendation of a trusted subordinate. “President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein...“It was all him,” Spicer added late Tuesday. “No one from the White House.

But hours later, that narrative was revealed to be false. It turned out that Trump had summoned...Rosenstein to the White House to discuss options for firing Comey. He directed Rosenstein to draft the memo the Administration would later use to justify Trump’s predetermined outcome.

On Thursday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Rosenstein protested to White House Counsel Don McGahn that he was bearing the brunt of the blame for Comey’s firing, when in fact Trump had made up his mind before Rosenstein got involved.
How does Trump World think this makes sense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.