Trump Trump Trump

Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:48 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Shard
in what way? Collapse of GOP support?
Obstruction of justice. Something like that. Mind you I heard that on CNN so who knows how much truth there is in that.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 2:21 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Once elected, the only thing on a politician's mind is being re-elected.

This cycle however, there are many retirees. Wonderful people who've been paying lip service to 'serving the people' and for whom re-election is something they find they'll have to work at. So suddenly many, like Graham, find they can miraculously remember why the people elected them in the first place and are able to do the decent thing for the first time in their lives, of course at little or no cost to themselves.
Old May 9th 2018, 4:21 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta do it.. gotta do it... gotta be like Trump and throw s**t at the fan.
BE was getting too quiet, even the rubbish redesign of this site didn't wake everyone up.
What Trump's done was simple but it's consequences, even using the biggest blue super computer cannot have been worked out passed the announcement.
So who's to blame for this? Any number of reasons, as many as you can think of. The american voter for whom the world stops at the sidewalk, the US political system for losing any semblance of a responsible governing system, the Russians for providing a role model of a leader, the Israeli tail for wagging the American dog, the Iranians for being the convenient whipping boy, Obama for being a black democrat, Trump's doctor for not locking him up,. it goes on and on.

Suffice to say the last time I watched a politician on TV and wondered if they'd all gone mad was when I watched JFK announce the Cuban blockade, only this time I believe they really are mad.
Old May 9th 2018, 11:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
BE was getting too quiet, even the rubbish redesign of this site didn't wake everyone up.
What Trump's done was simple but it's consequences, even using the biggest blue super computer cannot have been worked out passed the announcement.
So who's to blame for this? Any number of reasons, as many as you can think of. The american voter for whom the world stops at the sidewalk, the US political system for losing any semblance of a responsible governing system, the Russians for providing a role model of a leader, the Israeli tail for wagging the American dog, the Iranians for being the convenient whipping boy, Obama for being a black democrat, Trump's doctor for not locking him up,. it goes on and on.

Suffice to say the last time I watched a politician on TV and wondered if they'd all gone mad was when I watched JFK announce the Cuban blockade, only this time I believe they really are mad.
Trump, Brexit, Ford if he's elected, I can accept as being examples of how the mass of people are more stupid than individuals. The rubbish site redesign though? Not due to Russian meddling, not the result of a mess delusion; a small number of people chose it knowing it to be worse in every practical sense except that it uses more screen space for adverts. That's really shitting on your user base and, I would say, an inexplicably poor decision.
Old May 9th 2018, 12:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

BE was getting too quiet, even the rubbish redesign of this site didn't wake everyone up..
Originally Posted by dbd33
The rubbish site redesign though? Not due to Russian meddling, not the result of a mess delusion; a small number of people chose it knowing it to be worse in every practical sense except that it uses more screen space for adverts. That's really shitting on your user base and, I would say, an inexplicably poor decision.
May I suggest you post your complaints here, Not expecting it to make much difference but it can't hurt and the more people who do would make me very happy.
Old May 9th 2018, 12:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
May I suggest you post your complaints here, Not expecting it to make much difference but it can't hurt and the more people who do would make me very happy.
I have bleated though many were there before me; I don't think the owners can care and I don't think they can have participated in many forums; if the format is made bad enough the users drift away to somewhere with a simpler one. This one is awful.

Last edited by dbd33; May 9th 2018 at 12:40 pm.
Old May 9th 2018, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have bleated though many were there before me; I don't think the owners can care and I don't think they can have participated in many forums; if the format is made bad enough the users drift away to somewhere with a simpler one. This one is awful.

Brilliant summary of what the design format looks like.

Here's an example that may may be more relevant for Expats who weren't overseas in the heyday of the Aztec

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring....html?image=18
Old May 9th 2018, 2:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I'd laugh if he got the Nobel peace prize.
Old May 9th 2018, 3:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Danny B
I'd laugh if he got the Nobel peace prize.
Would he have to blow someone?
Old May 9th 2018, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I really could not imagine myself caring less about Trump, I have to say this Iran decision seems very foolish indeed. He seems to have a hang up with the expiry of the deal but, to my mind, that was a good idea because hopefully the Iranians would have benefitted enough to see the value in voluntarily sticking to it after it expired.
Old May 9th 2018, 10:57 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best things about living in Canada instead of the US is that you can with some effort escape all the nonsense this thread goes on about. Because Canada has this thing called: "international news".

When I'm in the US, Trump is psychological torture. Blah blah blah blah Trump blah blah blah blah Democrats. Here's a thought, morons, vote for someone who isn't a Republican or a Democrat. Astonishing concept I know but the only thing they agree on is that they should be the only two political parties... hmmm.... I wonder why?

Plus Canada is a smaller country demographically, so consensus is easier to achieve (even with Québec). Also we have a much much much fairer electoral system, no gerrymandering and much tougher limits on campaign contributions.

But the absolute super duper best thing about this country politically is that Britain is full of old fuddy duddies who actually think the world cares what the UK thinks (it doesn't), America is full of Americans who blather on about "manifest destiny" and the "shining house on a hill" and how many aircraft carriers and nuclear bombs they've got - but in Canada everyone knows that nobody gives a shit what Canadians think about anything and it's a major news story when someone outside of Canada does care. "Oooh, they're opening a Tim Horton's in Detroit."

As a result Canadians are a hell of a lot happier and a hell of a lot less stressed, so why bother discussing the subject of Trump.

F--k them and their aircraft carriers.

Can we get back to arguing about a pipeline through BC? Worry about America when it turns into an episode of The Handsmaids' Tale and they're all claiming asylum here.
Old May 9th 2018, 11:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
Whilst I really could not imagine myself caring less about Trump, I have to say this Iran decision seems very foolish indeed. He seems to have a hang up with the expiry of the deal but, to my mind, that was a good idea because hopefully the Iranians would have benefitted enough to see the value in voluntarily sticking to it after it expired.
Iran might already have the atom bomb, if they traded the DPRK some r&d or good old gold for some finished nukes. I like Rouhani's plan to try and keep the deal with the other participants and freeze the US out, sanctions be damned. Trump's MO is to bluff, throw a tantrum if things don't go his way then declare bankruptcy; and that isn't good business, let alone good diplomacy.
Old May 10th 2018, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Iran might already have the atom bomb, if they traded the DPRK some r&d or good old gold for some finished nukes. I like Rouhani's plan to try and keep the deal with the other participants and freeze the US out, sanctions be damned. Trump's MO is to bluff, throw a tantrum if things don't go his way then declare bankruptcy; and that isn't good business, let alone good diplomacy.
I agree, although I think Trump is just an unrefined version of what the US political establishment really is. All of them, Obama included, want(ed) things their way and the rest of us be damned.
Old May 10th 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve_
One of the best things about living in Canada instead of the US is that you can with some effort escape all the nonsense this thread goes on about. Because Canada has this thing called: "international news".

When I'm in the US, Trump is psychological torture. Blah blah blah blah Trump blah blah blah blah Democrats. Here's a thought, morons, vote for someone who isn't a Republican or a Democrat. Astonishing concept I know but the only thing they agree on is that they should be the only two political parties... hmmm.... I wonder why?

Plus Canada is a smaller country demographically, so consensus is easier to achieve (even with Québec). Also we have a much much much fairer electoral system, no gerrymandering and much tougher limits on campaign contributions.

But the absolute super duper best thing about this country politically is that Britain is full of old fuddy duddies who actually think the world cares what the UK thinks (it doesn't), America is full of Americans who blather on about "manifest destiny" and the "shining house on a hill" and how many aircraft carriers and nuclear bombs they've got - but in Canada everyone knows that nobody gives a shit what Canadians think about anything and it's a major news story when someone outside of Canada does care. "Oooh, they're opening a Tim Horton's in Detroit."

As a result Canadians are a hell of a lot happier and a hell of a lot less stressed, so why bother discussing the subject of Trump.

F--k them and their aircraft carriers.

Can we get back to arguing about a pipeline through BC? Worry about America when it turns into an episode of The Handsmaids' Tale and they're all claiming asylum here.
Where I am people seem incapable of shutting up about Trump. There is almost this feeling of moral superiority and smugness that they are Canadians and much too intelligent to have a Trump type in power. Trump will be out soon enough but Canada will still be fairly mediocre.
Old May 10th 2018, 6:56 pm
Listen to the Music

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
Trump will be out soon enough
I wonder.
He's making sure that the NRA, the Jewish lobby, the evangelicals, the gutless republicans, the blue collars and anyone who's afraid of anything continue to support him. All he needs is a small war to rally the patriotic fence sitters and a few more justicial sackings and appointments to silence his critics and he's home and dry.
Even now, as we discuss this, the democrat lead is shrinking and I don't see anyone with the will or charisma to challenge him and if there were who's to say that he or she wouldn't be just as bad. In another place at another time he'd be an Idi Amin, a Pol Pot or a Mugabe.
I'm not at all convinced he'll be going that easily or that soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.