Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Apr 9th 2012, 7:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by sw6blue
you must be pleased novo newcastle on a roll playing well.
1st goal good run and finish, just going to watch chelsea at fulham not sure
what to expect from my boys, its catch up time win and we are 4th amazing.
I look at it more this way: you lose and we're in sole possession of the guaranteed Europa spot. Sorry.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 8:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

you must be pleased novo newcastle on a roll playing well.
1st goal good run and finish, just going to watch chelsea at fulham not sure
what to expect from my boys, its catch up time win and we are 4th amazing.
Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I look at it more this way: you lose and we're in sole possession of the guaranteed Europa spot. Sorry.
Of course I'm sure we can find a compromise.

What a day for the Toon.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:26 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

What a day for the Toon.
What an understatement!
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:07 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
What an understatement!
I'd have expected a "grrrr" or similar from Mr. Oink. I know JamesM well enough to know that he's drowning his sorrows in the nearest bar to his condo.

Take heart, dear friends, there're still 5 games to go.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:14 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Tangram
Don't you think the constant attempted jibes at Liverpool and 'scousers', even when the subject is not on Liverpool make you come across as a bit of a Manc Twat ?
That is rather what I was trying to indicate earlier.

I must study directness of expression at your feet, <if you've washed them recently, that is>.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:16 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

That is rather what I was trying to indicate earlier.

I must study directness of expression at your feet, <if you've washed them recently, that is>.
It's Easter....wasn't there feet washing or something going on ?
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:20 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Tangram
It's Easter....wasn't there feet washing or something going on ?
Not in my house mate, but whatever turns you on.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:03 am
Born again atheist

I'm sorry to do this James. I'm a bit bored.

On Oct. 17th 2011, you posted...

Originally Posted by JamesM
I'll back the Toon to hit 50 points.

I think 6th is possible but I expect Arsenal to start making some head way soon (as much as I dislike them).
On 59 now (like your lot) with 5 matches left (most of them winnable).

Not bad for the laughing stock of 2 years ago.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:13 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Would of hoped the toon had started to falter by now
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:21 am
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

What a day for the Toon.
yes novo a very good day for your lot,to be honest the way you lot are playing you
deserve to be in 5th place.
we have spurs in the fa cup, barcelona, gooners next league game, barcelona.
looks like no european football next year wtf.
hold on there is only 1 thing for it we will win the champions league
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:24 am
Born again atheist

yes novo a very good day for your lot,to be honest the way you lot are playing you
deserve to be in 5th place.
we have spurs in the fa cup, barcelona, gooners next league game, barcelona.
looks like no european football next year wtf.
hold on there is only 1 thing for it we will win the champions league
Go for it. I've no dog in that race (this year, yet).

Knock yourselves out.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:31 am
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

Go for it. I've no dog in that race (this year, yet).

Knock yourselves out.
novo l can but dream,its not going to happen barcelona will have a field day.
shall we say lambs to the slaughter
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:33 am
Born again atheist

novo l can but dream,its not going to happen barcelona will have a field day.
shall we say lambs to the slaughter
Be strong Young Jedi. May the Force be with you. <and may it run out after that>.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:01 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say my predictions were fairly accurate. You have passed 50 points, 6th still possible and Arsenal are making head way.

I think going by his interview that Redknapp finally realised today that Spurs can't play with a 4-4-2 system despite our freak result with it against the Toon.

It's just a shame that defeats by Arsenal, United and Norwich had to be inflicted before Redknapp finally switched on. I hope he realises that as England manager you will not get the luxury of more games to change things in Tournament football. Once you lose a couple of games you are gone.

On form I'd have the Toon as favourites for 4th spot now. Still a little way to go.

Last edited by JamesM; Apr 10th 2012 at 3:06 am.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This is not an apology.
Apparently some of my posts on other teams strike a nerve with some posters.
Footie fans for years and years have shared banter and taken the piss out of each others clubs and yet can respect the teams and their performances.
This however has changed and with internet forums can lead to some very ugly comments being made and rather than banter or piss taking can become very personal.
Fans at matches sing aborrent songs about club tragedies, racism etc etc
which make me cringe and that includes Man Utd fans.
There have been some very witty and amusing chants heard on the terraces and some banners unfurled.
One in particular was unfurled at Anfield in 1994 which read
Au Revior Cantona and Man Utd Come Back When Youve Won 18.
At that time Liverpool had won 18 titles to Man Utds 7
Well its now 2012 and Man Utd are on the verge of winning their 20th title and Liverpool are still on 18.
Maybe for the next visit of Liverpool perhaps the Utd fans should unfurl a
banner that reads
Come back Liverpool when you have won 1 Premier League Title.
As a Utd fan in the 70s when we were winning nothing (odd FA Cup) and got relegated yes we got abuse from other fans and rightly so as we were shite.
Well now the shoe is on the other foot and payback is a bitch.
Hate Utd as much as you want and unfurl your witty banners but dont be surprised when it comes back to bite you.
BTW I could post some comments about Scousers that other posters have written on this thread but Im ok with being called a Manc twat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.