Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister for a day

Prime Minister for a day

Old Jul 9th 2017, 9:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prime Minister for a day

Everybody to be given an Actifry.

Carrots & Parsnips 'roasted' in one are to die for.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:59 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister for a day

Yeuucchhhh!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:03 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Yeuucchhhh!
To carrots, parsnips or both?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 2:23 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

vegetables...
Old Jul 10th 2017, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

If I were prime minister for the day I would give a kick up the butt to all the lazy good for nothings who think scrounging off the tax payer is the way to do it!
Then I would go have tea with the queen to end the afternoon!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:28 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DandNHill
If I were prime minister for the day I would give a kick up the butt to all the lazy good for nothings who think scrounging off the tax payer is the way to do it!
Then I would go have tea with the queen to end the afternoon!

What about the evening?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

What about the evening?
Haha. Well maybe I could pop over to Washington and give somebody a kick up the butt?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 11:18 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If I were Prime Minister for a day, the only thing I would do would be to create a highly-trained paramilitary force, with powers of summary conviction, confiscation, incarceration and probably even execution of their targets. This crack team would have one solitary purpose, and they would be known and feared throughout the land....

The Aircraft Hand Baggage Commandos. "Nemo ibit apud duos sacculos"
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:21 pm
Oscar nominated

Except for smaller ones with no number pads, all computer keyboards should be the same.

For five years I've been using a laptop with the delete button above right of the enter key. Now it's to the left and I'm hitting 'home' and typing at the beginning instead of where I should be.

The last button on the Qwerty row is now the last one on the second row. So the last one on the second row, right next the big enter key and above the big shift, one that was easy to just hit because of its easy to find position now gives the wrong result.

And the left shift is now a small shift instead of the big one with an extra button instead meaning either a | or a \ appears as well as a capital letter.

Weirdly, the button sharing the space of what was a bigger left shift is a duplicate of the one that dropped a row.

Did this ever happen with typewriters?
Old Nov 20th 2017, 1:19 pm
Oscar nominated

A ban on people becoming famous for being famous.

No celebrity status accorded to anyone just for being on a so called reality TV show.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
If I were Prime Minister for a day, the only thing I would do would be to create a highly-trained paramilitary force, with powers of summary conviction, confiscation, incarceration and probably even execution of their targets. This crack team would have one solitary purpose, and they would be known and feared throughout the land....

The Aircraft Hand Baggage Commandos. "Nemo ibit apud duos sacculos"
Out of respect for yourself and others they only things you should take on board is your jacket and things that can fit into your jacket pockets.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Quadruple the number of prison places available.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

A ban on cropping dogs tails
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:00 pm
Listen to the Music

I'd sack every politician with a brown tongue, it'll be a lonely, solitary life at the top.. and the middle... but not the bottom.....
Old Nov 20th 2017, 8:05 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Everybody to be given an Actifry.

Carrots & Parsnips 'roasted' in one are to die for.
Your thinking is on the right lines but flawed, not an actifry but a Tfal Fry Delight. Chips, parsnips, all brilliant but you can also roast a whole chicken in it and it's yummy. With that and my Instant Pot i rarely use the cooker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.