British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Thank you! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/thank-you-904204/)

Shakyuk Oct 6th 2017 6:54 am

Thank you!

I got my COPR Wednesday! It took a long time to finally get to this stage and I definitely couldn't have done it without the BE members. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice over the years I've been here. This site is such a wealth of knowledge.
But obviously I'm still going to stick around, I'm waiting for the day Oink finally admits he loves Vancouver and all the people in it. One day it's going to happen, he's going to admit what we all already know is the truth of the matter!

Almost Canadian Oct 6th 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Thank you!

Congrats

We'll have to meet up when you arrive in Calgary.

Danny B Oct 6th 2017 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12354720)
I got my COPR Wednesday! It took a long time to finally get to this stage and I definitely couldn't have done it without the BE members. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice over the years I've been here. This site is such a wealth of knowledge.
But obviously I'm still going to stick around, I'm waiting for the day Oink finally admits he loves Vancouver and all the people in it. One day it's going to happen, he's going to admit what we all already know is the truth of the matter!

Oink is our resident troll, he loves to bash Vancouver but deep down we all know he would never move anywhere else.

Shard Oct 6th 2017 10:24 pm

Good news Shaky. When do you go and what will you do in AB?

DandNHill Oct 7th 2017 1:52 am

Oink has actually mellowed over the years.

When I joined many moons ago I had a run in with him. He might not remember but I do!

Now he's a bit of a pussy cat.

That's what old age does to you Oink!!! 🤣

bats Oct 7th 2017 2:11 am

Congratulations

BristolUK Oct 7th 2017 2:59 am

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 12355548)
When I joined many moons ago I had a run in with him. He might not remember but I do! ...

Coventry!!

Piff Poff Oct 7th 2017 4:24 am

Lovely, congratulations.

Oink Oct 7th 2017 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12354720)

Get in there my son, it's a laugh, you'll love it.

Shakyuk Oct 9th 2017 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12354987)
Congrats

We'll have to meet up when you arrive in Calgary.

Definitely, it sounds from your posts that you're living my dream and so I'd love to hear more about it! If I haven't found work though... the beers are on you :lol:

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12355476)
Good news Shaky. When do you go and what will you do in AB?

I am applying for engineering jobs now, having the visa has made the whole thing real and the thought of landing without a job is quite scary! We're planning to have Christmas here and then move over in January with or without jobs. I really hope I can land something before we land though to be honest!

My girlfriend is well on with getting registered as a mental health nurse although judging from the board it still may take awhile! She's looking into registering to work in care until she can complete the nurse registration then she can apply for care work when we land.

It's been such a long journey and I am very appreciative of everyone on this forum. The information is invaluable and it's very nice to read peoples experiences, both good and bad. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12355598)
Get in there my son, it's a laugh, you'll love it.

Thank you old pal, hopefully I do but either way it'll be an adventure which hopefully doesn't culminate with me being mauled to death by some angry wildlife... :lol: