Teatime Choices

Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

...semi boneless leg of lamb - PC 'easy carve' in a box...
It was magnificent.

I was so impressed with it before I let it stand for a bit I decided to open a bottle of Kim Crawford Pinot Noir which went so well.
Rounded off with some brie and crackers.

Looked good enough to put on the table and have people cut off what they want.

Old Jan 9th 2017, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute

BristolUK. We love lamb. Would you mind me asking what you paid for that.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 12:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosylady
BristolUK. We love lamb. Would you mind me asking what you paid for that.
Expensive.

It was 1.7kg and $41.24...works out at $10.99 lb which is about the same price as T-Bone steak when it's on offer.

My stepdaughter (high maintenance ) got it and she used her PC points so she didn't feel as if she was paying for it.

Superstore often has boneless leg @ $6.99 lb and sometimes $7.99 lb half leg, bone in which I've not tried.

But this one was infinitely better than the boneless one.

We will definitely have it again. The way I look at this is they also had pork chops for $1.29 lb in packs of 6. And they are big ones.

Two packs make 12 and that will do 3 dinners for the four of us for less than $12 for the chops (and there will be some left over to use in a curry or something). Basically less than $1 each person.

So instead of looking at the price of the lamb on its own I'll take into account the incredible value of the pork chops and look at the average which is around $3.30 per plate and you still have leftovers.

On the other hand you could just say it's lovely and worth it as an occasional treat or special occasion.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:08 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta say it looks yummy
Old Jan 11th 2017, 1:24 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Homemade lamb rogan gosh with saffron basmati rice.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

Roast beef, roast spuds, veg and Stinkypup's President's Choice Yorkshire pud.

The yorkshire was pretty much as I remember it. Unmemorable. I can take it or leave it. I'd rather have had the roast spud that I sacrificed for it.

Everyone else said they were cute.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 11:57 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Roast beef, roast spuds, veg and Stinkypup's President's Choice Yorkshire pud.

The yorkshire was pretty much as I remember it. Unmemorable. I can take it or leave it. I'd rather have had the roast spud that I sacrificed for it.

Everyone else said they were cute.
They aren't like homemade, I would agree- cute is a good term as they are tiddly . Why not have the spuds and the Yorkshires?

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 16th 2017 at 12:01 am.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Bristol for your reply. re- Presidents Choice Easy Carve lamb.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:09 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
They aren't like homemade, I would agree- cute is a good term as they are tiddly . Why not have the spuds and the Yorkshires?
I did...the sacrifice was fewer spuds than it would have been with no yorkshire.

I think they might be better as an actual pud...dollop of ice cream, dipped in chocolate or something? I'll experiment with the four left.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:15 am
I need a walk

I did...the sacrifice was fewer spuds than it would have been with no yorkshire.

I think they might be better as an actual pud...dollop of ice cream, dipped in chocolate or something? I'll experiment with the four left.
Weirdo

Fill with sausage meat and have mini toad-in-the-hole
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:58 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Fill with sausage meat and have mini toad-in-the-hole
Tadpole in the hole?
Old Jan 20th 2017, 9:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Meatloaf. First time in ages.

Main one in simple mushroom sauce and a smaller curry version.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 2:37 am
I need a walk

Meatloaf. First time in ages.

Main one in simple mushroom sauce and a smaller curry version.
Two out three ain't bad
Old Jan 21st 2017, 6:42 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Champagne and a posh steak.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 6:16 am
I need a walk

Snoop's birthday so I made a rather scrummy paella, washed down with Moet as a treat

I cleaned the mess up afterwards btw......well, actually Snoop did
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20170121_192529.jpg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 22nd 2017 at 6:19 am. Reason: Confessions time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.