Teatime Choices

Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by helcat12
Maple mustard marinated pork steaks for me, with baked potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower.

I have also made some fresh lemon curd this afternoon, so might have a slice of bread with that on after with a cup of tea

But I'd rather eat this, sigh.

This sounds delicio!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
I don't like the sound of that alioli stuff yuck and red sauce with steak is awfully gauche, one should only use brown sauce don't you know..

Lol... I like mustard with steak, hot english stuff
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:17 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Lol... I like mustard with steak, hot english stuff
|I like a nice redcurrent and wine sauce with mine
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
That sounds marvellous.
Never had a go at making pasta or gnocchi but if I was going to, that would be my choice.

I have used my own home-grown sage to make the butter for shop made pasta before, so maybe I could do the rest!

+:
IT is very simple... I use this recipe http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pum...cotta_gnocchi/
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:20 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight home made chicken quesadilla and salad.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:29 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
IT is very simple... I use this recipe http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pum...cotta_gnocchi/

Thanks for that - I will definitely try this recipe as I have a load of pumpkin in my freezer that could be put to good use.
I don't grow my own sage yet here, though, so maybe I will get a plant for the windowsill before I try it - there is nothing as good as freshly picked herbs.
I also used up all my butter in yesterday's lemon curd.

Originally Posted by dollface
Tonight home made chicken quesadilla and salad.
That sounds lovely as well, although salad doesn't appeal so much here on a drab, chilly and damp Friday.
I'll save that for another, sunnier day.

Not yet made a decision about tonight's repast.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:57 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I ate alot of crab that we caught and then cooked on the dock. We also had some rum. "Ahoy mates!"
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:52 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I ate alot of crab that we caught and then cooked on the dock. We also had some rum. "Ahoy mates!"
God that sounds utterly delish....I can actually feel myself drooling over the keyboard!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Last night we had a Thai green fish curry (basa fillets) and basmati rice.

Yum!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:14 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to have homemade chicken tikka masala for our tea tonight. Since about 7am this morning, the chicken cubes have been gently marinating in yogurt, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste, fresh cilantro and a combination of Kashmiri chilli powder, salt, freshly ground cumin and coriander, Punjabi garam masala and turmeric.
I made some last night and added an extra three teaspoons of chill powder and boy it was great. I used fresh tomatoes this time so it was a tad sweet but I mitigated that with a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar and it all turned out to be the bollox. :thumb up:

I don't want or need Canadian friends but if you do, this recipe will get them lining up at the door.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:58 pm

I made some last night and added an extra three teaspoons of chill powder and boy it was great. I used fresh tomatoes this time so it was a tad sweet but I mitigated that with a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar and it all turned out to be the bollox. :thumb up:

I don't want or need Canadian friends but if you do, this recipe will get them lining up at the door.
Yum! it's Friday so we had pizza
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:53 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Homemade chili, tomato wraps, avocado and sour cream for us tonight.
I had the chili already made, so this is the quick and easy tea I want on a Friday after a rather difficult week.

I might be tempted to drink some wine, too.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:02 am

HID was working late so I made myself a large BLT with a mound of double smoked Danish bacon and lashing of brown sauce. Who says you can't live a civilized existence in Canada, eh buddy?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:11 pm

HID was working late so I made myself a large BLT with a mound of double smoked Danish bacon and lashing of brown sauce. Who says you can't live a civilized existence in Canada, eh buddy?
where did you get Danish bacon?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by dollface
where did you get Danish bacon?
From a shop in Granville Island Market, Vancouver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.