Take it or leave it?

Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:32 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take it or leave it?

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
cheers woodmanbg we only brought it last year so really would like to bring it
did you have any problems with your movers with anything you wanted to bring ?

No we just showed what had to be packed and they packed it. We even brought over half my husbands garage (and he desperately wishes he had the other half). We had three cycles also, those we did clean up but there was no mention of pressure washing or disinfecting them. Best of luck
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:55 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve N
I will be packing soon.Boxes are ready and I'm looking around me wondering how on earth I am going to decide what I give away/sell and what I take with me.
The broom?
The metal cupboard in the garage that I hate?
The flowers pots in the garden?
The ironing board?
What did you not take that you regret?

Thanks!
We disposed of a lot before we came as beds and things were very old and we needed new, some of the furniture we bought secondhand 30 years ago, and was very pleased to dump that. We got rid of a lot of stuff as we were lead to believe we could just get into a 20 foot container with maybe a little left over. Well we had room to spare and could have brought a lot more, which we were slightly annoyed about. I still keep looking for kitchen stuff I thought I had brought over but obviously hadnt !!!! If there is room in your container bring it all, it really does add up when you come to replace it.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:03 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Can I put the kids and the dogs in the container ????

will given them food and water ....
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:09 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Can I put the kids and the dogs in the container ????

will given them food and water ....
You could always try it
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
You could always try it
Thought if I did that I would treat me and hubby to Club Class on the plane!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I have bought reasonably priced bedding here. Winners is very good for bargains of course, but Home Housewares?? I cant remember the exact name has some good deals in the sales. Its not so hard to find nice bedding and we have found we dont need the whole duvet thing so its a different style; I wouldnt buy anything specially to bring over though, but bring what you have.

I was just down in the basement looking at stuff we havent unpacked. Its ornaments and kitchen stuff. We dont have much space in the kitchen, so a lot of it is down there, so maybe thats the place to prune back if you need to.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:14 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by daft batty
I have bought reasonably priced bedding here. Winners is very good for bargains of course, but Home Housewares?? I cant remember the exact name has some good deals in the sales. Its not so hard to find nice bedding and we have found we dont need the whole duvet thing so its a different style; I wouldnt buy anything specially to bring over though, but bring what you have.

I was just down in the basement looking at stuff we havent unpacked. Its ornaments and kitchen stuff. We dont have much space in the kitchen, so a lot of it is down there, so maybe thats the place to prune back if you need to.
Winners is the same as TK MAxx in UK

Do the Canadian Ikeas do american sizing for beds and mattresses of european?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Winners is the same as TK MAxx in UK

Do the Canadian Ikeas do american sizing for beds and mattresses of european?
It is indeed, and its called TJ Maxx in the States for some reason. It looks exactly the same as the ones in the UK, except in Canada the shoppers dont drop the clothes all over the floor.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:29 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Would that be Home Outfitters owned by The Bay.

Home Sense also have some decent prices. They and Winners are part of the same ownership, they're co-located in the new shopping center near us.

Linens 'n Things could be worth a look but I think can be expensive.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:29 pm
half a century

It is indeed, and its called TJ Maxx in the States for some reason. It looks exactly the same as the ones in the UK, except in Canada the shoppers dont drop the clothes all over the floor.
yup - i noticed that the Mississuaga store was much tidier than Tooting!!!!!

Also in Uk we have TJ HUghes - like a posher tkmaxx - v odd!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:32 pm

Do the Canadian Ikea do American sizing for beds and mattresses or European?
North American sizing.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:33 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Steve_P
North American sizing.
ok - sothe Ikea mattresses I have over here in Uk wont fit ikea linene brought in Canada ...??
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:47 pm

ok - sothe Ikea mattresses I have over here in Uk wont fit ikea linene brought in Canada ...??
Doesn't look like it.

King size mattress on the IKEA Canada web site is 76 wide x 79.5" Long

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50073386 you'll have to select king in the drop down menu.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Would that be Home Outfitters owned by The Bay.

Home Sense also have some decent prices. They and Winners are part of the same ownership, they're co-located in the new shopping center near us.

Linens 'n Things could be worth a look but I think can be expensive.
Home outfitters, thats the people. I like that shop muchly, its almost a John Lewis experience.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

yup - i noticed that the Mississuaga store was much tidier than Tooting!!!!!

Also in Uk we have TJ HUghes - like a posher tkmaxx - v odd!!
North American sizing.
TJ Hughes? Milton Keynes obviously wasnt posh enough for that!

Ikea UK had its own sizing anyway, European sizes rather than UK sizing. Check out the website to see the actual measurements to make sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.