Straw Poll - Salary

Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Straw Poll - Salary

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I give you another week, tops.
I see no reason to change what I post simply because someone chose to put "moderator" under my user name....
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
I see no reason to change what I post simply because someone chose to put "moderator" under my user name....
I think you'll get fed up with being a mod, and quite soon.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll get fed up with being a mod, and quite soon.
Why? Its really no bother at the moment, there hasnt been anything, not even a spammer to deal with since last week.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 4th 2009 at 5:18 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's about twice the national average.
The average being more than most people earn as usual, of course.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice

Why? Its really no bother at the moment, there hasnt been anything, not even a spammer to deal with since last week.
You could try being nice [for a change!]
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by shoequeen
LOL, the joys of internet snap judgments. The one recurring theme of everyone who has ever met me in the flesh is that I am "nice". I am never sure how much of a compliment that is...

Sorry if youve taken things the wrong way, its easily done in this text based environment. Its just frustrating to see you ask the same thing again as last month when we all wasted our time then too.

Besides, I tried being "nice" as a mod last week and not suprisingly there was a big row and half a thread ended up being deleted in the end. It seems explaining actions as a mod is a waste of time because those "outraged" by your actions tend not to care about anything but their own view on the subject anyway. But that's beside the point here as this was nothing to do with moderating anyway. I am nice, you'll just have to trust me

Last edited by iaink; Feb 4th 2009 at 6:22 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:17 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoequeen
I'm with Iain on this. It's a meaningless question. If you gave some sort of context (what job you do, a range your salary falls in in the UK, that sort of thing) then perhaps people could answer helpfully. What's your frame of reference?

I might say that $100k isn't nearly enough to get by on, if I were earning a lot more than that or had an expectation of running a large family, two homes, three cars, a boat... however, I might say it's a pretty good figure if I were doing none of those things, and it might be an unreachable aspiration if I didn't have much in the way of marketable skills or professional qualifications.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice

LOL, the joys of internet snap judgments. The one recurring theme of everyone who has ever met me in the flesh is that I am "nice". I am never sure how much of a compliment that is...

Sorry if youve take things the wrong way, its easily done in this text based environment. Its just frustrating to see you ask the same thing again as last month when we all wasted our time then too.
I haven't asked the same thing again - and what would it matter if I had?

I haven't "taken things the wrong way" either ... It's not nice being told by a "moderator" that you have asked a "stupid" question. Nothing to do with snap judgements at all, it's just downright rude :curse:

If people feel that they are "wasting their time" they wouldn't answer the question in the first place now, would they?

I'm sure you are "nice" in person, so please structure your answers to match your "real" personality. Manners cost nothing after all.

Now, if we can get back to the original thread [as you are the first person to complain when people go off topic].
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I'm with Iain on this. It's a meaningless question. If you gave some sort of context (what job you do, a range your salary falls in in the UK, that sort of thing) then perhaps people could answer helpfully. What's your frame of reference?

I might say that $100k isn't nearly enough to get by on, if I were earning a lot more than that or had an expectation of running a large family, two homes, three cars, a boat... however, I might say it's a pretty good figure if I were doing none of those things, and it might be an unreachable aspiration if I didn't have much in the way of marketable skills or professional qualifications.
It's not a meaningless question - it's just a quick survey, there to be answered by people who want to [which you obviously don't].

All it is, is a simple question, nothing to get heated about folks! A simple yes or no would suffice.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

It might also be considered rude to be insulting our intelligence by asking questions like how long is a bit of string.

If there is a difference between "Is $100k a lot" and "What is a good salary in Toronto", then its lost on me I'm afraid.

As for giving a yes or no answer, I said yes, but then got jumped on for being rude for pointing out that its far from a yes/ no question in the real world.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 4th 2009 at 6:33 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

yes 100k would be awsesome,
but we are living well in rural mb, on 48k.
living and not just surviving like we did in scotland.
james
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

It might also be considered rude to be insulting our intelligence by asking questions like how long is a bit of string.

If there is a difference between "Is $100k a lot" and "What is a good salary in Toronto", then its lost on me I'm afraid.

As for giving a yes or no answer, I said yes, but then got jumped on for being rude for pointing out that its far from a yes/ no question in the real world.
Dear me .... came on here today with a simple question, looking for a simple answer. Nothing to do with how long is a piece of string, so not sure how you come up with that one.

I get interesting and informative answers from most other people on this forum, but you jump in every time and spoil it for me. Not sure why?[I'm "nice" too by the way].

When I try and be specific, you shoot me down, so I try again with a simple question and once again you do the same. There's just no pleasing you is there.

Maybe I'd be better off finding myself another forum.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not nice. If my pay fell to $100,000 I'd be even farther behind with my taxes than I am now.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:43 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Every time????

You have 86 posts in however many threads and Ive replied to two that seemed hard for me to help with as they lacked context.

If you want to go, go, if you want to stay, stay, but there is always the ignore function... Frankly I wish more people would use it. It would make my life easier.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 4th 2009 at 6:49 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:48 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Every time????

You have 86 posts in however many threads and Ive replied to two that seemed hard for me to answer as they lacked any context.

If you want to go, go, if you want to stay then stay....There is always the ignore function... Frankly I wish more people would use it. It would make my life easier.
Why didn't someone say I could ignore a mod or can you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.