Stones concert

Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stones concert

Ok, now what shall I do? My granddaughter really wants to go to the Stones concert. My husband said he wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't go. My son (granddaughter's dad) said the same thing. I would really like to go. Might never get another chance - nobody good ever comes to Regina!

Now, here's the problem - someone offered my husband four tickets at about $120 each. Granddaughter was ecstatic - ran around telling everyone she's going to the Stones concert! Now today, this person phones and says the tickets might be "suspect". We have no idea where they bought the tickets except they were not bought by them as Rider fans or Stones Fan club members. Story goes that it's something to do with if you bought too many tickets, they are going to cancel some. Now, I thought the only people who could buy tickets before Monday were 1. Stones Fan Club members 2. Rider Season Ticket holders and a few companies who paid the big bucks to sponsor the stadium etc. So how these said people bought them, I have no idea.

Now, there are tickets for sale on eBay. To guarantee that we get tickets, I would have to use Buy it Now. There are tickets for about $600 and the sellers have positive feedback. I am not worried about the sellers.

For starters all the tickets are better than the original ones offered (the suspect ones) which were $120 each. These were in the endzone, which my son says is about 20 feet nearer than standing outside the stadium and listening for free!!

I could wait until Monday and try Ticketmaster, but I have been that route with Avril Lavigne tickets for granddaughter (I wasn't paying that time) and my son and I sat on there for two hours clicking away before we got through. And if we can't get through, we won't know if all the tickets are sold and we are wasting our time, or if we just can't get through and there are still tickets available.

Thing is - do I spring for $300 each for tickets for me and granddaughter - use Buy it Now and have guaranteed tickets??
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:11 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stones concert

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Ok, now what shall I do? ...
Thing is - do I spring for $300 each for tickets for me and granddaughter - use Buy it Now and have guaranteed tickets??
I can't comment on the ticket problem - but if you get a chance to see the Stones, do yourself a favour and GO!!!

They are better than ever, and well worth the cost.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold

I would love to see the stones its reported to be a Fantastic concert,
I saw them a good few years back
Buy the tickets liz....
and then come back and tell us all about it
Shelly
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I am determined to go. Of course its the usual dilemma -

do I buy the tickets now and be sure of having them.

Or do I wait and see if I can buy some for the original price on Ticketmaster on Monday?

Do I wait to see if there are more tickets for cheaper on on ebay after the tickets are sold to the public on Monday if I can't get into Ticketmaster?

And run the risk of the Buy it Now tickets being sold and the new auctions on eBay being even higher??????
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold

I am determined to go. Of course its the usual dilemma -

do I buy the tickets now and be sure of having them.

Or do I wait and see if I can buy some for the original price on Ticketmaster on Monday?

Do I wait to see if there are more tickets for cheaper on on ebay after the tickets are sold to the public on Monday if I can't get into Ticketmaster?

And run the risk of the Buy it Now tickets being sold and the new auctions on eBay being even higher??????
I would get the tickets while you have the chance.
You wouldn't want to miss out all together
I remember trying to get tickets to see the Michael Jackson concert in the UK 1988, i was a massive fan you couldn't get tickets for love nor money, we'd gone over to roundhay park in Leeds West Yorkshire two days before, where the concert was to be held, we where sat on the grass eating ice cream watching the stage and speakers being put up when this big black limousine drove down the grass by the side of us and there he was waving to the guys putting the stage together, all at once there was mass hysteria and screaming from the young girls that where in the park once people started to realise who it was.
After that we had to see him, we ended up paying a tout for tickets £70 each that was a full weeks wage for a young shop girl like me, there was seven of us five got in two got stopped with forged tickets, i was one of the lucky ones that got in, it was well worth the wait and the weeks wage. the gate man ended up letting us all in after much crying and protesting.
II'vetold my girls if ever he goes on tour again i will take them to see him, its a memory i will always carry.
I want them to carry good fun memories like that as i'm sure you would your granddaughter
Get the tickets Liz.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

yep i'm with 1066 on this one...just make sure you go see them...we saw them here in houston and they were great...shame imo they're all ugly bu**ers lol but so much energy for such an aging band but nevertheless their gig was brill..great night and great atmosphere...have fun
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Took your advice and bit the bullet and bought them! They are in the second row back from the stage but high up in the stands, so we will be looking down on the stage.

Now I have bought them I am not looking at Stones tickets on eBay. No point really.

I could have handled the disappointment myself, but I didn't want to let my granddaughter down -- spoilt brat!!! Good job I only have one - granddaughter that is!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

OMG - are you guys serious $600.00 for tickets for a rolling stone concert for a kid! :scared:

If my kids wanted to go they can bloody well earn the money themselves. My god, unless you happen to live in vancouver, by the time one travelled there, paid for food and accommodations for the nite - it could be a mortgage payment.

Im not critizing anyone's decision and Im sorry if Ive insulted anyone - Im truly shocked that's all!

Last edited by willmore; Jul 30th 2006 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:16 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
OMG - are you guys serious $600.00 for tickets for a rolling stone concert for a kid! :scared:

If my kids wanted to go they can bloody well earn the money themselves. My god, unless you happen to live in vancouver, by the time one travelled there, paid for food and accommodations for the nite - it could be a mortgage payment.

Im not critizing anyone's decision and Im sorry if Ive insulted anyone - Im truly shocked that's all!
Yeah but which one's more fun and more fulfilling in the grande scheme of things: paying a mortgage payment or having a great experience with a grand daughter?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's a once in a lifetime thing!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It's a once in a lifetime thing!!!!

Silly me. Here I was thinking that a once in a lifetime experience a kid could spend with a grandmother might be something outdoors like white water rafting or wildness camping for a weekend or driving to Cape Scott to take out the boat to see the whales....OR investing the money for a college education - how stupid am I.......Im so glad you folks set me straight and made me realize how wrong my priorities in life really are. Now I understand that its far more important for a kid to be exposed to drugs, alcohol, rowdy drunk or stoned folks and listen to deafening music, then to spend time outdoors doing something healthy!

Last edited by willmore; Jul 31st 2006 at 12:04 am.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The old tickets were $120 each - IF we got them. I was going to pay for all four of them - $480. But as I said, my son and husband were not that keen.

So now I am pay $600 for two tickets. Much closer to the stage and they are only costing me $120 more than the four seats in the far endzone. Anyway, my granddaughter is 13, not sure how long it would take a 13 year old to earn $300.

And I don't really understand what travelling to Vancouver has to do with it. The concert is in Regina - about 10 minutes drive from my house so not much travelling expenses. The only problem is going to be where to park. My son and his wife live 10 minutes walk from the stadium, which means the roads will be totally blocked with cars like it is when there is a Rider game on. Right now, I can park behind their house, but they are building a double garage in September and they will be in England at the time and their cars will be in the garage!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The old tickets were $120 each - IF we got them. I was going to pay for all four of them - $480. But as I said, my son and husband were not that keen.

So now I am pay $600 for two tickets. Much closer to the stage and they are only costing me $120 more than the four seats in the far endzone. Anyway, my granddaughter is 13, not sure how long it would take a 13 year old to earn $300.

And I don't really understand what travelling to Vancouver has to do with it. The concert is in Regina - about 10 minutes drive from my house so not much travelling expenses. The only problem is going to be where to park. My son and his wife live 10 minutes walk from the stadium, which means the roads will be totally blocked with cars like it is when there is a Rider game on. Right now, I can park behind their house, but they are building a double garage in September and they will be in England at the time and their cars will be in the garage!

Live and let live liz.....as I mentioned I wasnt critizing you or anyone for spending that kind of money on tickets (although I'll never understand it). We all have different priorities in life.....have a great time at the concert.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

must say i'm surprised that a 13yr old would want to see the stones...when we went to see them on their 2003 Licks tour the stadium was full of all us golden oldies, no young ones anywhere......an added bonus for us is the company has a suite in the stadium so brill seats for free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.