Some updates.

Old Jul 28th 2017, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Pending the ability to get some sort of financial assistance, I may go and upgrade my math in the fall to grade 11 level. My math abilities are poor so who knows if I'll pass or not, but will give school one last try.

Figure if I can't pass math this time, I really have to find some sort of way to obtain a decent job without any additional schooling...

4th or 5th attempt at upgrading math, I just can't seem to learn math beyond the basics...
Old Jul 29th 2017, 1:06 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Sounds like a great gig!

What about process servers? They make decent money too I believe.
Also process servers don't need a Pi licence, just have to be trustworthy. It could lead to a job as a pi, if a company is willing to train you.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I could do process server, I am a little too anxious to approach a random person and hand them the papers...lol... The runner job sounds interesting and I think I could do that job.

I am working all sorts of shifts currently, early mornings, nights, and sometimes both shifts in a day. Not being forced to though, easier to work more at 1 job then to find another job requiring another commute.

Other half isn't working anymore due to some relapse, not as bad as last time, but work isn't in the cards at the moment, but this time we has quick access to doctor and RX change so I think it might be easier this time around.

While there I did inquire about some assistance for myself, and I already knew the answer, but thought I would ask again, they did have a program that would have been suitable, but it's currently on hold due to funding and not accepting anyone on the wait list, so time will tell if funding comes back for it.

Borderline is still a very difficult thing to access help for in BC, but maybe one day that will change.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:11 am
Account Closed

16 week course. Public community college. Does not qualify for student loans.

If training was affordable so many who desire a better job could actually go and get trained.

I am not sure anyone making 13/hr can pay these rates out of pocket.

$387.48
$6,729.00
$2,357.00
$238.04

Does not include books.

Not sure how people are expected to pay these sorts of crazy high cost of training.

Another issue is lack of medical care. You would think a medical disorder with a 10% suicide rate (one of the highest rates of any mental illness) would be something the medical system would work on but instead they simply rather have people suffer.

Doctors and nurses try but medication isnt a cure all but the funding bodies think all mental illness can be treated with only medication.

Some reason people are under the impression there is a plethora of help when reality is there isnt and I have contacted all known possible resources being told they dont offer anything or a wait list is closed and no longer accepting new patients.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

If training was affordable so many who desire a better job could actually go and get trained.

$387.48
$6,729.00
$2,357.00
$238.04

Does not include books.

Not sure how people are expected to pay these sorts of crazy high cost of training.

Another issue is lack of medical care. You would think a medical disorder with a 10% suicide rate (one of the highest rates of any mental illness) would be something the medical system would work on but instead they simply rather have people suffer.

Doctors and nurses try but medication isnt a cure all but the funding bodies think all mental illness can be treated with only medication.

Some reason people are under the impression there is a plethora of help when reality is there isnt and I have contacted all known possible resources being told they dont offer anything or a wait list is closed and no longer accepting new patients.
I completely agree, we should be investing in higher/further education by providing funding assisstance to those who need it. It would benefit us as a society.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:09 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

$387.48
$6,729.00
$2,357.00
$238.04

Does not include books.

If you employer is willing, there is this to help pay for training Bowman Employment Services Inc.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Ill ask but doubt they will be interested. No type of program that would benefit the company but ill see if they interested.

I need to find a way to increase income without working 18 hours a day as I dont have the energy or mental health to do that.

I need to get some sort of training so my income can increase more then 50 cents a year which is the max raise at work.

Need to at least double my income somehow.

Originally Posted by Aviator
If you employer is willing, there is this to help pay for training Bowman Employment Services Inc.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 8th 2017 at 4:25 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Ill ask but doubt they will be interested. No type of program that would benefit the company but ill see if they interested.

I need to find a way to increase income without working 18 hours a day as I dont have the energy or mental health to do that.

I need to get some sort of training so my income can increase more then 50 cents a year which is the max raise at work.

Need to at least double my income somehow.
I suspect that the only way you will be able to do that is to become self employed.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I suspect that the only way you will be able to do that is to become self employed.
Along with the stresses that go with it!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The problem is trying to find something that pays well and doesn't require any upfront money since I cannot finance it, and would allow me to still work my primary job, as I can't take a reduction in income at all and still stay housed.

The document runner thing sounds somewhat doable, I just don't know how to handle the people part, getting the business, etc.

I did try to start dog walking, but it was a flop, made 20-30 dollars every couple of weeks, but nothing consistent enough to make a living doing it.

There seems to be a fair amount of people in this world who have an income in the range I am aiming for that are not self employed. I get some enjoy self employment, I just don't see the appeal to it.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 8th 2017 at 9:39 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is trying to find something that pays well and doesn't require any upfront money since I cannot finance it, and would allow me to still work my primary job, as I can't take a reduction in income at all and still stay housed.

The document runner thing sounds somewhat doable, I just don't know how to handle the people part, getting the business, etc.

I did try to start dog walking, but it was a flop, made 20-30 dollars every couple of weeks, but nothing consistent enough to make a living doing it.

There seems to be a fair amount of people in this world who have an income in the range I am aiming for that are not self employed. I get some enjoy self employment, I just don't see the appeal to it.
That is the biggest issue. You will have to visit the people you wish to service and simply ask them to give you a go. Once that has been done, it's then down to you.

On the employed v self employed basis, I am very confident that lots of people on this forum earn the amount you are after, or more, and are employed but I suspect that they have qualifications and a lack of issues that you have.

While you may not want to hear this, your income is not going to double by you simply wishing that it would. You have to get better qualified and, each time you talk about doing so, you put up insurmountable barriers.

Having a negative outlook is not going to get you to where you wish to be. If things are going to change, you are going to have to change them. Looking at your posts over the last few years demonstrates that whatever you have been trying, it isn't working and I suggest that you need to do something differently.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

I am trying to better my skills, it's just funding though. I can't get into a school without paying tuition and that is the hurdle, and it's not a hurdle I created, it's a hurdle the government has by raising tuition beyond a point people can pay out of pocket. Student loans are not an option to everyone, and many short term non-degree training programs are not even eligible for student loans.

I have worked for many years trying to go back to school and finding funding, and there is funding if your eligible, the trick is finding it, and most it seems requires either unemployment, under employment, or having been on EI in the last X amount of years.

I spent several months working with a work BC person, unfortunately I got a job before I could get to the funding part, so now I am no longer eligible for their services.

So how does one who cannot pay the tuition rates, supposed to better their skills/training when they can't personally pay out of pocket?

Most short term programs seem to range around 7-10k and that isn't doable out of pocket on 13 and some change per hour.

I can only work with what is available to me. I have spent more time and effort trying to get back to school then you likely realize.

And I did ask my employer regarding the link Aviator left above, the answer was they don't see any benefit to the company, and are not interested.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to better my skills, it's just funding though. I can't get into a school without paying tuition and that is the hurdle, and it's not a hurdle I created, it's a hurdle the government has by raising tuition beyond a point people can pay out of pocket. Student loans are not an option to everyone, and many short term non-degree training programs are not even eligible for student loans.

I have worked for many years trying to go back to school and finding funding, and there is funding if your eligible, the trick is finding it, and most it seems requires either unemployment, under employment, or having been on EI in the last X amount of years.

I spent several months working with a work BC person, unfortunately I got a job before I could get to the funding part, so now I am no longer eligible for their services.

So how does one who cannot pay the tuition rates, supposed to better their skills/training when they can't personally pay out of pocket?

Most short term programs seem to range around 7-10k and that isn't doable out of pocket on 13 and some change per hour.

I can only work with what is available to me. I have spent more time and effort trying to get back to school then you likely realize.

And I did ask my employer regarding the link Aviator left above, the answer was they don't see any benefit to the company, and are not interested.
I totally know what you mean. It's a hard situation to be in. You have to work to live and when there is not enough to go round school falls way down the list. We have been there

Life throws all sorts at you. Hang in there mate.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:28 am

https://www.workbc.ca/Training-Educa...-Supports.aspx
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Since I do not know how the education system works here, but these may or may not be helpful and FREE

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search...ice=price-free

https://www.google.ca/search?client=...mYAsifXp7NgYAN

Maybe useful enough to brush up on some of the subjects, if you can just sit the exam you need to pass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.