Some updates.

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am not quitting until I find something else however.
Okay that's good at least - see if you can find something else and in the meantime hang onto this job so you don't end up with a gap in the resume. Best of luck
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Okay that's good at least - see if you can find something else and in the meantime hang onto this job so you don't end up with a gap in the resume. Best of luck
If the work environment wasn't so negative, it wouldn't be so bad.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
At first I read that as if it said psychos. So I re-read it to see what it really said and you did say psychos.
Lol. They were crazy people. I'm surprised I came out of it unscathed!!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I found a temporary solution to work stress, I am dropping as many shifts as others will pick up, it's helping me stay down to earth for now.

In the fall I am trying to go part-time and drop down to 2-3 shifts per week.

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Lol. They were crazy people. I'm surprised I came out of it unscathed!!
Sounds like a hotel I worked at once.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 19th 2017 at 7:16 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

You should become a Court Runner. Lawyers pay such people to attend at their offices, collect items that need to be filed with the Court, or with the Land Titles office, and return them to the lawyer once filed.

My Court Runner charges $10 a document. I usually have somewhere between 2 and 5 documents a day and I am just one lawyer. My guy services a number of lawyers and paralegals.

You can then work as much, or as little, as you want, and the only thing you need is clothing (my guy wears jeans and t-shirts) and something to carry the documents in. Some us a rucksack, some use large pilot's cases with wheels. My guy look as fit as a fiddle and I bet he never frequents a gym.

My guy only operates in the downtown core. He collects in the morning and drops off in the afternoon. He invoices me once a month.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

I'll have to look into that, sounds like it could be something I could do.

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You should become a Court Runner. Lawyers pay such people to attend at their offices, collect items that need to be filed with the Court, or with the Land Titles office, and return them to the lawyer once filed.

My Court Runner charges $10 a document. I usually have somewhere between 2 and 5 documents a day and I am just one lawyer. My guy services a number of lawyers and paralegals.

You can then work as much, or as little, as you want, and the only thing you need is clothing (my guy wears jeans and t-shirts) and something to carry the documents in. Some us a rucksack, some use large pilot's cases with wheels. My guy look as fit as a fiddle and I bet he never frequents a gym.

My guy only operates in the downtown core. He collects in the morning and drops off in the afternoon. He invoices me once a month.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am not quitting until I find something else however.
Very wise.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

I have tried several times to move up and was more then willing to work full-time if I got the better paying position.

I have never at any job been able to move up, regardless of how well I do, how hard I work and how good my reviews are.

My review was positive with nothing negative mentioned, so I have no idea what I do wrong...

Originally Posted by BEVS
Very wise.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried several times to move up and was more then willing to work full-time if I got the better paying position.

I have never at any job been able to move up, regardless of how well I do, how hard I work and how good my reviews are.

My review was positive with nothing negative mentioned, so I have no idea what I do wrong...
It's not that you are doing anything wrong, JS, it's just the way it is.. don't beat yourself up over it.

Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Very frustrating. Have you asked? I mean a good review is all well and good but if you don't know why you're not being allowed move forward, you can't alter any behaviour/actions in order to have a chance. Some bosses don't like having their choices questioned but worded in a 'I understand you haven't chosen me at this time, but is there something I could be doing to stand a chance next time' manner may help. Ignore me if you've done that.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

I try not to. Rejection hits me hard and brings me down. I am trying to not let it bother me though.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's not that you are doing anything wrong, JS, it's just the way it is.. don't beat yourself up over it.

Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great gig!

What about process servers? They make decent money too I believe.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Sounds like a great gig!

What about process servers? They make decent money too I believe.
Mine charges $160 to serve within the city of Calgary but one would need a car (which brings insurance issues) and raises issues of having to deal with people that are pissed to see you.

My Court Runner only covers an area of 5 blocks north, south, east and west of the Courthouse and he has a staff of 5. Essentially, his staff take the documents to and from the two buildings he frequents and he then takes documents for filing and passes those he has filed back.

I know of about 20 of these court runners. Most are one person operations and, as it requires minimal set up fees, I thought it would be perfect for Jsmth.

He simply needs to find a number of lawyers that would be willing to give him a try (speak to the various office managers) and he's off to the races.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

What a brilliant idea for JS! Our lawyer here uses a young lady to take documents etc to other lawyers, City Hall etc for delivery/official stampings, etc so I assume other lawyers do the same. I must ask her next time I see her if she's self employed!
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Mine charges $160 to serve within the city of Calgary but one would need a car (which brings insurance issues) and raises issues of having to deal with people that are pissed to see you.

My Court Runner only covers an area of 5 blocks north, south, east and west of the Courthouse and he has a staff of 5. Essentially, his staff take the documents to and from the two buildings he frequents and he then takes documents for filing and passes those he has filed back.

I know of about 20 of these court runners. Most are one person operations and, as it requires minimal set up fees, I thought it would be perfect for Jsmth.

He simply needs to find a number of lawyers that would be willing to give him a try (speak to the various office managers) and he's off to the races.
My friend served papers on our behalf to a previous tenant for rent arrears. He actually thanked her after she told him he had been served... I think it takes a lot of people by surprise so not all of them would be angry.

Although I remember issuing a ticket to a guy for not buying his dog tag (bylaw) and he called me all the names under the sun and I'm not sure what would have happened if an older guy wasn't there to tell him to calm down...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.