Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

So, who's not on facebook....?

So, who's not on facebook....?

Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:55 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So, who's not on facebook....?

Originally Posted by DandNHill
You go for it!!!!

I know people with in excess of 600!!! They're not friends they're just trying to "out do" everybody else! I have to draw the line at accepting my kids friends requests!
I'm happy with my 90 odd friends! Some odder than others obviously!!!
Don't you just hate it when your kid's friends' parents try to add you...you don't want to appear rude. but don't really want to faff about and edit every post you make about Canada and Canadians in case they get the wrong end of the stick
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I "un-friended" my mum
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:58 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Don't you just hate it when your kid's friends' parents try to add you...you don't want to appear rude. but don't really want to faff about and edit every post you make about Canada and Canadians in case they get the wrong end of the stick
The wife (who is a teacher) is constantly getting requests from kids to add them. She turns 'em all down naturally.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
I'm chuckling at that

Girl with the cake "I made it myself" is spot on.
The bit where they are actually writing on his wall is genius.

The guy from 7th grade maths too.....
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
I "un-friended" my mum
I've completely ignored my mother-in-law's three friend requests. I was hoping by the second time she might have got the hint, but clearly not.

I am another FB addict, I think it's brilliant for keeping in contact with people on opposite side of the world and I like seeing how their kids are growing etc.

Twitter however, I don't get at all.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:08 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Twitter however, I don't get at all.
I'm a convert to twitter. Not to follow the mindless drivel of celebrities but it's an interesting tool to get news and comment. I follow a bunch of journo's and commentators. So I get news and info on a local - what are the traffic conditions today? and national/international level. I think the tweet that sums up how important twitter is becoming was during the Arab spring...."I just watched a govt fall on twitter while the US networks were covering American Idol"...or words to that effect.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:13 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm a convert to twitter. Not to follow the mindless drivel of celebrities but it's an interesting tool to get news and comment. I follow a bunch of journo's and commentators. So I get news and info on a local - what are the traffic conditions today? and national/international level. I think the tweet that sums up how important twitter is becoming was during the Arab spring...."I just watched a govt fall on twitter while the US networks were covering American Idol"...or words to that effect.
Twitter seems to be good for news, announcements and commentaries. But it's made journalists exceptionally lazy - proper investigative journalism seems to have died a death and it's all reworded press releases as news and twitter updates instead of interviews.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Ah, I see how it might work now, and I use FB for stuff like that too. From my brief time on it, it seemed to be the negative parts of FB (who's just made a cup of tea, what colour pants they are wearing that day) but without the good bits (photos etc).

Think I'll stick to FB and BE though, two internet addictions are more than enough for me!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
what colour pants they are wearing that day
Think I'll stick to FB and BE though, two internet addictions are more than enough for me!
I hope you mean trousers and not underpants! lol

And I agree two addictions suffice! FB and BE!!!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

i enjoy keeping in touch with my family and friends on fb and letting them know what my boys are up to must say though i don't update with
"just had a cup of tea" and all the other mundane crap that people post think i might enjoy Not!
i am nosy and like to see what people are getting up too though x
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on facebook, limited to actual friends and family (many of whom are very far away from me geographically). I put a lot of my photos on there and just find it's a good way for a lazy person like me to keep in touch.

I confess to also having a Twitter account: I have never tweeted but I follow some interesting and some funny people.

I have (bizarrely) been requested to join Linked In - having not worked in the past 9 years I cannot imagine who I'm meant to be linking in with!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:17 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill

I'm happy with my 90 odd friends! Some odder than others obviously!!!

I have about 3000.....is that bad?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:19 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I have about 3000.....is that bad?
But you do "jobs" with most of them

I can say with all honesty the only people I have not met face to face are the FB friends i've made through BE. Probably about 50 or so.

Though there are many that I know and love first hand too.

It's no different in some ways than being a member of a forum and talking on there.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
But you do "jobs" with most of them

I can say with all honesty the only people I have not met face to face are the FB friends i've made through BE. Probably about 50 or so.

Though there are many that I know and love first hand too.

It's no different in some ways than being a member of a forum and talking on there.
I love my BE mates on FB.... They are the best bunch of dysfunctional people i've never met....
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:30 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I love my BE mates on FB.... They are the best bunch of dysfunctional people i've never met....
OI we've met

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.