Snooker

Old May 6th 2013, 4:03 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snooker

Originally Posted by Oink
Sun streaming through the window, nice mug of tea and a ham and cheese roll, the snooker on the big teleconference screen and a smashing match too. Life’s good this morning.
I just finished watching day 1 of the final, I will have to somehow find a way to watch this from work tomorrow.
Old May 6th 2013, 3:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I just finished watching day 1 of the final, I will have to somehow find a way to watch this from work tomorrow.
Tell them you might pop in the afternoon. Go on Ronnie!
Old May 6th 2013, 7:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's that. Well done Ronnie.
Old May 7th 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

He can retire again as champion.

Just make a f***ing decision, man, and stick to it. Your snooker's great but your moaning is boring.
Old May 7th 2013, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by dg31
He can retire again as champion.

Just make a f***ing decision, man, and stick to it. Your snooker's great but your moaning is boring.
I agree. Its just getting tiresome now. I have to pay to play snooker while he acts as if he's doing the world a favour.
Old May 11th 2013, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

I watched more of the snooker this year than I have for a long while. Other than Ronnie though there aren't that many memorable characters. One I will remember is the Australian - mainly because of his moaning about the bouncey cushions.

I've never been to a "Billiards Hall" here - I take it they would all be 8 by 4 pool tables and they don't do snooker?
Old May 11th 2013, 1:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
I watched more of the snooker this year than I have for a long while. Other than Ronnie though there aren't that many memorable characters. One I will remember is the Australian - mainly because of his moaning about the bouncey cushions.

I've never been to a "Billiards Hall" here - I take it they would all be 8 by 4 pool tables and they don't do snooker?
Not so. I used to play regularly in a "10 reds" tournament each Sunday at Centennial Billards, opposite Sam the Record Man on Yonge Street. The area's gone downhill and both establishments have closed but you can still find tables. We also played snooker at Cliff Thorburn's club but Suresh, who had the membership, got fed with Canada and went back to England taking his card with him. I suspect the Corner Pocket in Little Italy is still in business, they had at least one really good table.

Oh, and oddly, the Georgetown part of Washington DC is rank with proper tables.
Old May 11th 2013, 1:44 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not so. I used to play regularly in a "10 reds" tournament each Sunday at Centennial Billards, opposite Sam the Record Man on Yonge Street. The area's gone downhill and both establishments have closed but you can still find tables. We also played snooker at Cliff Thorburn's club but Suresh, who had the membership, got fed with Canada and went back to England taking his card with him. I suspect the Corner Pocket in Little Italy is still in business, they had at least one really good table.

Is "The Academy of the Spherical Arts" south of King near Dufferin still around? I used to play there. Some time ago.
Old May 11th 2013, 1:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Is "The Academy of the Spherical Arts" south of King near Dufferin still around? I used to play there. Some time ago.
Dunno, I remember there being such a place but that was, indeed, a long time ago.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:50 am

I spent many years studying and later teaching at the University and I sadly missed that. We really just spent our misspent youth, drinking down in The Tombs.

Last edited by Oink; May 11th 2013 at 5:57 am.
Old May 11th 2013, 1:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, I remember there being such a place but that was, indeed, a long time ago.
Mr. Google tells me it's still there (or was in 2010). It was established in 1982 in the old factory district by a retired policemen, Rick, whose wife was an artist friend of Madame C.

We used to go there regularly in about 1984-6.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 6:01 pm

World Championship is on tv again.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed, it's Crucible time of year again!!!

I have a sneaky feeling Judd Trump may reach the final this year?

All the best.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 4:57 pm

Now the BBC2 coverage has stopped for at the moment you can continue to watch the match here.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:03 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. This wasn't working on my http://www.tvcatchup.com/guide.html earlier on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.