Smelly People

Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:03 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smelly People

Literally smelly not metaphorically. We have some good friends but they and their house are smelly, eye wateringly smelly. They have dogs, many dogs and they prefer in the house.
They good people and good friends and I don't want to offend but my car still smells after giving them a lift.
We went to someone else's house at the weekend, same dog per smell and the floor was sticky.
I'm always horrified that our house might smell of cats, it probably does to a non cat person.
What would you do?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:10 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smelly People

my neighbour with two cats was always paranoid that her place smelt of cat.
it didn't and I'm quite sensitive to pet smells.

if you are cleaning the litter box regularly and they are not peeing all over the place you are probably fine.

now what can i do about the ttc brigade who get on the bus stinking of stale pot smoke?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about them carrying the smell on them but for the home...

I know nothing about dogs but would it work next time you are there to ask if one of the dogs was ill because there was a smell that hadn't been there before?

On the assumption that the dogs were okay, they might accept that there was a problem that they had become immune to, while others hadn't.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:29 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not sure about them carrying the smell on them but for the home...

I know nothing about dogs but would it work next time you are there to ask if one of the dogs was ill because there was a smell that hadn't been there before?

On the assumption that the dogs were okay, they might accept that there was a problem that they had become immune to, while others hadn't.
I've long stopped going in the house, I can't breathe in there in spite of antihistamines and inhalers. They know this.

I have other friends with dogs though not so many and their houses don't smell the same way.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 2:55 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Having owned an English Springer Spaniel who loved to swim, there is nothing worse than that damp dog smell. My car used to stink of dog, God knows how I sold it.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Having owned an English Springer Spaniel who loved to swim, there is nothing worse than that damp dog smell. My car used to stink of dog, God knows how I sold it.
We have one of those, combined with teenage boy hockey equipment it's not great. However we just got 10 ducklings - on the stink meter they are in a class of their own.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

10 ducklings, good luck, thats a lots of muddy puddles. They make such a mess with their food.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 3:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

At one time our place was home to 5 cats....3 Americans and 2 Canadians

One of the neighbors in an upper story apartment had all but one cat and her neighbors were constantly complaining about the smell coming from her apartment.

We were asked what we did with having 5 cats that she might not be doing because anyone walking pass our door or coming into our apartment would not know that we even had one cat, let alone 5.

Found out she left the litter box by the front door and cleaned it only once a week. Ours was cleaned twice daily.

Your friends are immune to the smell of their home. They live with it and do not smell it. Just as cigarette smoke will get on your clothing, the smell from their house will be all over their clothing, as well. Unless someone has the moxy to tell them about their problem, it will only continue. But to do so might well mean the end of the friendship.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 4:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Get one of these for your car - and possibly post the video on FB (if they are friends with you on it) and make a joke of it.

Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:03 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

They have gone nose blind.
I have some friends whose cat pees in the house on the furniture and now there is a distinct odour. I dont care for it at all.
We have two dogs and two cats and my car sometimes can smell like my stable but I am obsessed with the house not smelling so we even change the carpet on the stairs reasonably often.
A lady I know who rescues and fosters cats has 28 currently in her home and three dogs and there is no smell at all. I can only think shes constantly cleaning litter trays, every minute of every day.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
my neighbour with two cats was always paranoid that her place smelt of cat.
it didn't and I'm quite sensitive to pet smells.

if you are cleaning the litter box regularly and they are not peeing all over the place you are probably fine.

now what can i do about the ttc brigade who get on the bus stinking of stale pot smoke?
I make my cats go to the toilet next door. We do not have a litter tray in the house now and the smell has completely gone.

As for the pot smell, blame the skunks.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:48 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Get one of these for your car - and possibly post the video on FB (if they are friends with you on it) and make a joke of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1OhI2awLA
I hope Dougal was well paid for this.. ruined his image.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 7:46 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Literally smelly not metaphorically. We have some good friends but they and their house are smelly, eye wateringly smelly. They have dogs, many dogs and they prefer in the house.
They good people and good friends and I don't want to offend but my car still smells after giving them a lift.
We went to someone else's house at the weekend, same dog per smell and the floor was sticky.
I'm always horrified that our house might smell of cats, it probably does to a non cat person.
What would you do?
Buy them this
Attached Thumbnails Smelly People-walter.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I make my cats go to the toilet next door. We do not have a litter tray in the house now and the smell has completely gone.

Don't be surprised if your cats go missing one day
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Buy them this
Right, that book's on my 'to buy' list, sounds hilarious

Our old goldie averages about one fart per year. But my god, that one fart..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.